Free Shareholder Swag in CH

Not sure which one I’ll get.
Starting at 70 CHF on their web shop though, with certain models/colors on sale for less.

Why should I sell? As long I’ll be getting the pyjama and given how long I can wear it, it’s like having a lifelong subscription for pyjamas for a couple of hundreds of CHF.

I’ve been wearing Calida for a couple of years and been happy with their quality.
I kind of like the brand, not just buying the stock for stuff I don’t need (such as my recent Swatch buy).

Though I admit, if other exchange-listed high-quality underwear or sock manufacturers were giving stuff similarly away to shareholders, I’d probably build up a diversified portfolio of them. :grin:

7 Likes

Why would sell your PJ? I mean, how many PJs does one need?! I can safely live with 3 :sweat_smile:

As a calida pyjama lover I’m thinking about buying the 20 shares… I have a high usage of pyjamas and regularly add 1-2 pyjamas a year to the 5 pyjama pool. :smiley:

Edit: But i pay 30chf average (blackfriday or similar, online)

They make a decent gifts for relatives, right? You can simply choose their age/gender/size.

1 Like

I don’t have a pyjama – maybe I need some stocks for a free pyjama :wink:

5 Likes

Yes, exactly. You receive an order form, where you specific what you want (see picture earlier in the thread).

I’d be in if they had a underwear swag option. Never had better ones, but CHF 50 for 3 pairs is just :unamused:

1 Like

That’s the point. Given what 20 shares cost, and given the price I pay in-store for a PJ, it would take an awfully long time for this investment to pay off. If I then consider that they might drop the offer anytime…

Dividends are a bit like bonuses at work: You get used to them very quickly, but they can disappear just as quickly. Take LafargeHolcim’s scrip dividend for example: Hasn’t been paid for two years in a row.

1 Like

I am now holding 40 Calida shares that I acquired at an average purchase price of 33.30 CHF (first 20 were actually much less expensive) this year.

The current stock price is 37 CHF (up about 11%).
I am to receive a dividend payment of 64 CHF in the next couple of weeks - and a free, high-quality pyjama that’s worth at least 35 CHF (even if they’ll send me the most “on sale” model and colour).

I can still sell my shares on the stock exchange (after deregistering from the register of course).
So it certainly has paid off so far, hasn’t it?

3 Likes

Your calculations include a rise in stock price. I was calculating my ROI purely in pajamas as my unit of account. You might be right.

Aren’t shares automatically deregistered when they are sold? :thinking:

Can you explain the process at DKB to have your (Swiss) shares registered? I’m into buing some UHR…

E.g.: What exchange to buy, how to register, what forms do you need, …?

thx!

1 Like

Good question, but honestly I don‘t know. Either they deregister automatically - or prevent me from selling.

Securities depository needs to be in CH (which it is, if you buy in Zürich - which in turn is the only place you can, at the moment, I believe).

Contacted customer service, asked whether they‘d charge me the scary-looking 300€ fee recently introduced (they don‘t). They sent me an e-mail with a 1-page form to complete with my personal data which I returned to them.

Bit old-fashioned but painless - which is OK, because, mind you, for DKB these are foreign securities, so probably not a process they‘re doing very often.

1 Like

Yeah I have also a pretty nice gain entering at under 30 CHF :smile:
Still waiting for my pyjama, do you know when it comes? I expected it around the 15th

I’m also waiting. Would have expected it only after the annual meeting (on the 15th).

2 Likes

We’re all waiting on those pyjama pictures!

3 Likes

We have received one last week and one this week …

1 Like

Yeah received mine as well 3-4 days ago, today a nice dividend of 240 CHF and a total pcnt increase of 37% (got the stocks for 26.8 CHF).
I’m very happy with Calida, even though next year I should get the gift pyjama for my girlfriend I don’t think that I will appreciate a 90 CHF pyjama. I’m still using the 5 CHF pyjamas I bought during a trip to Turkey :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Also received the Pyjama for my wife… (OVP is 89.90)

P.S. In a month hopefully the Swatch should arrive.

4 Likes

Regarding Swatch I was wondering which ticker do you need to own in order to receive a watch, is it UHR.SW? and then how many do you need to own minimum? Finally, do you really receive one watch every year?

1 Like

No, it is the UHRN.swx (Namensaktie), because you need to register this share in the shareholder book with your name and address.

1 Like