Forced to be out of the market for 1 week / solutions?

Great idea! I have 4 accounts and my GF has 5 accounts. We will do the transfers one by one each week till everything is transferred. So this should even out things.

4 Likes

Prolonged bull market incoming. :star_struck:

This :rocket: be taking apes :gorilla: to the :full_moon: and beyond!

3 Likes

I’m still thinking about buying VT on margin, but now in smaller steps (10k for each transfer) :smiley:

This won’t cost much and I’ll stay in the market. Just have to ask Viac when I’ll leave the market exactly. Today 10k are being sold.

For this amount I wouldn’t bother, but … it is you.

8 Likes

In case anyone is wondering why the market is up 1% today. My 1st Viac portfolio was sold yesterday.

5 Likes

The market wanted to go up yesterday, but then it saw that your sell transaction was not executed yet and decided to wait for another day.

@Cortana , could you please be more specific in announcing your transactions? Let’s try to make that experiment after all.

1 Like
  1. and 26. April will be next :stuck_out_tongue:
1 Like

Beware the Tuesdays of April.

So our first 14.5k got reinvested ~0.8% higher. We lost ~120 CHF so far. Lets see how this goes :smiley:

-3.6% since then, but I am counting on the fact that on Tuesday you are selling.

Why do you need to move the money in the first place? Can’t you pledge your Viac assets? Or do you want to use the money directly as equitiy capital (Eigenmittel)? (but why is it reinvested then). I am asking because I might be in a similar situation like you (buying house, assets in Viac account).

1 Like

The bank where he is pledging the assets requires for the assets to sit within their (3a) realm.

C.f. First post.

2 Likes

You can’t pledge 3a accounts from other banks. It has to be at the same bank which is lending you the money. This works only for vested benefit accounts, pension funds and life insurance policies.

P.s. Markets are crashing. This was clearly caused by me?

2 Likes

Oh that’s a bummer. I didn’t know that. Thanks for clarifying. So I might indeed end up in the same situation like you…

1 Like

When I had to make a similar transfer the solution I came up with was to sell deep in the money put options on SPY ETF of duration ~1 week in IBKR

My logic was that SPY is the most actively traded ETF so lowest spreads and a proxy for the wider market, 1 week means you gain from premium decay

Risk is that you will likely end up with 2x exposure for a while because you don’t know precisely when your 3p provider will sell / buy assets. But if you are building a position this may be acceptable

Nah, since you’re sitting out of the markets for some time with some amount of money while it’s getting transferred, the markets should be soaring to deprive you of the gains. Everything is fine.

1 Like

Sorry, mixed up. You are selling today, so the market has to go down. It should run up on Thursday (?) when you are rebuying.

3 Likes

I’ll be able to make a full conclusion by end of next week. So far it looks like I’ll actually gain something by the switch :smiley:

1 Like

Like a Swiss clockwork.

2 Likes

So, final conclusion:

1. If I had transferred everything in the first week (selling 12.04): - CHF 237
  2. If I had transferred everything in the 2nd week (selling 19.04): + CHF 1’049
  3. If I had transferred everything in the 3rd week (selling 26.04): - CHF 976
  4. Because I split it up in 3 weeks for all 4 accounts: - CHF 143

Option 2 and 3 weren’t a real option anyway because I had to decide if I transfer everything in one go or split it up. So it saved me around CHF 100. But as you can clearly see the difference could have been 2k for 35k in assets. Splitting it up makes definitely sense to reduce the risk.

13 Likes