First private investment mgt. & execution after pillar 3a

Hi All,

I have started almost 2 years ago with my 3a pillar at Finpension where I max every year on

• Swisscanto (CH) IPF I Index Equity Fund World ex CH NT CHF (99%)
  • Cash (1%)
  • deposit every 3 months

I am 30yo and still taxed at source, but should get the C permit before year end.
I suppose I will keep the 3a set-up as it is until 35yo, than get less and less risky as I get older and older (maybe every 5 year or so).

I have a personal bank account at a balance where I don’t want to keep growing my saving account and I want to start another investing.

My idea is:

• 50% all world etf (DCA)
  • X% growth etf based on macroeconomics (tbc)
  • X% specific sector based on macroeconomics (tbc)
  • 10% on individual stocks (value investing)

I know it’s rough draft, but it’s to start somewhere, and it is a draft.

I am totally ignorant on

• will IB be the right choice? (I already guess so)
  • which account type to open?
  • tips & tricks to operationally manage DCA in IB?
  • tips & tricks to begin the private investing with the rigth foot

Probably I forgot valuable info you need to provide your best advices. I encourage your questions than and really thank you for the support to the unpractised ones like me.

1 Like

… unless you sacrifice your investment returns to do another live experiment comparing active and passive investment styles. From what I understand, so far noone in this forum took a challenge, despite claiming that their investment strategy is superior to the passive investment in the global market.

1 Like

Thank you both oslasho adn Dr.PI for your feedback.

Generally speaking I don’t want to fully active investing or fully passive investing.
Considering the Pillar 3a currently is bechmarking MSCI World ex Switzerland Index and I intend to continue that for years (might extend the 35yo to e.g., 40yo) + a 50% or more I would keep as passive dca on VT.

With my budget for investments, the residual e.g., 50% I would manage actively as a mid-term/long-term trader.

My question how to best enable this set-up. IKBR? … I think yes. Unless any major assets needed are not available there (I will stick to ETFs, stocks, metals, index funds, mutual funds mostly or only).

Other than that, I am completely new to IBKR. How do you suggest to learn the platform efficiently and effectively? (I have already a fulltime job…)

thank you!

Cheers,

You have lots of content on IB on this forum available with search function.

You should read this one

Our host wrote also a guide on how to buy an etf :

2 Likes

thank you so much for posting!