FINMA allows Crypto fund for 3a by Finpension

Can you charge by transfer?
I can’t do that anymore. They turned it off for me.

My view is that the situation is similar to dot-com bubble and nobody really knows which coins will become the new FANGs and which will become new pets.com. I tend to have more faith in the biggest market-cap coins (especially BTC and ETH) and I invest a tiny part of my portfolio into these as I think it is possible that they can go one day to zero.

2 Likes

Coinbase Pro is a decent and inexpensive solution :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What charge by transfer?

Sepa transfer cost 1.- (or even less dont remember).

Transaction fees on CoinbasePro are 0.5% decreasing based on your Trade volume (10k+ to ger 0.3%)

I believe SEPA transfers is free on Coinbase Pro, only trading fees apply (0.50% under $10K). I use Revolut to exchange CHF>EUR and then use SEPA to sned to CB Pro.

Binance used to be even better, as they have lower trading fees (starting at 0.1% decreasing) but they discontinued their own SEPA transfers, and use a 3rd party providers now. They also offer some sort of P2P SEPA method, where you exchange with other users. Haven’t tested that tough.

I rebalanced my valuepension account into that new fund. Did you know that there is a new regulation that the stock allocation can’t exceed 85% anymore? I’ve got a warning about it when I changed the allocation.

Valuepension is not finpension.

(They notably have differing requirements and restrictions upon fund allocation)

I am sorry for being unclear. What I meant was:
When I opened my Coinbase account, I was able to transfer money in through Revolut, in other words “charge my Coinbase account”. Then, for some reason, they disabled it. I was only able to buy using a credit card, which incurs 4 % fees from Coinbase, which is way too high.

I have no idea why, but they re-enabled it now.

Anyway, I am looking for a solution that allows automatic buying at the cheapest rate. I can’t do that on Coinbase, so I am going to switch somewhere else. Haven’t decided where yet.

You can set up a DCA bo on KuCoin. There is no way to load it with fiat tho.
sou you need to send a lump sum to Coinbase, buy say XLM → transfer to KuCoin, sell for usdt/c and set up your bot. Kind of a lot of work.

I don’t think that existed before. Looks like there is waiver you can click to overide it though

1 Like

Just catching up in the discussion as I missed it and it show up in the weekly summery email.

For me the purpose of Bitcoin and Ethereum is to have a new system to avoid banks and third party institutions. Still it’s not perfect as the safer and cheaper way to get crypto today is by using centralized exchanges. But paying someone a huge fee to buy it for you with a poor exchange rate and holding the coins for you is really not ideal and against cryptocurency principles.

So unless you have already not enough saving to invest more than your maximum 3a and want to have a small exposure to crypto, I don’t see the point in it.

By the way, many mentioned Coinbase Pro here but Kraken is cheape (0.16 maker, 0.26 taker fee on limit order trading), offer direct CHF transfer to and from a CHxxx IBAN and even has direct BTC/CHF and ETH/CHF market if I’m right.

3 Likes