Financial Analysis Program - CEFA or similar certificate

Hi everyone,

The company I am working for, has a budget for training and education and I would like to take advantage!

My initial thought was to look for a programme with a similar curriculum + ending with a certificate:

During my search I came across https://www.azek.ch/ but it seems like their focus is really on the financial markets. Even though I am interested in the markets, I have to be able to make a case for why I want to get the training and since I am on the corporate finance side I can’t really go for most certificates/programs available on azek.ch.

Do you know of any good corporate finance programs in Switzerland or even online degrees that would lead to a CEFA or similar certification?

P.S: I know that CEFA is nothing compared to the CFA and nowhere as respected. However, I am not good at self studying and need to be in a structured program to study and take the exams.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Patron,

Not yet. I am not sure if I should go for an MBA right now since I would have to do it part time. If I were to do it, I would probably go for the St. Gallen one or the IMD MBA, do you have any feedback on any of these?

Thank you for the feedback. I will have a look on the different programs available in Switzerland!

Bringing this topic back to live, does anyone here have experience in MBAs?
I am looking to make a new step in my career and since schools are “easy” for me i tought i could combine this to expand my network, increase my value and learn something.

A am looking at the MBA offered at the Zürich Uni, i know its not as good as the one in St.Gallen tho. So i would be happy to know if someone here did an MBA and what i can expect from it. I will obviously look at the info events & co…

1 Like

If school is “easy” for you, why not a CFA? The expand network part is not given during the studies, but after you graduated there’s a huge community of other graduates and they have frequent events.

1 Like

You first need to specify what exactly your goal would be, to evaluate whether an MBA is “worth it” (not even talking about the cost perspective).

1 Like

Yeah i think i have to share a bit more information about me and my background if i want “real” answers and help.

I did my Masters in Architecture, later transitioned to Real Estate developpment, while doing my Master in Real Estate Management.
My role consist in finding developpment opportunities, leading project teams, and manage the whole projection process.

I dont want to become an analyst, i like the management role.
The question is if i even “need” a new degree?
Maybe just need to make a few job interviews to see where i can position myself?