Filling Taxes - EasyTax DA-1 (AG)

Hello everyone,
im filling the taxes with EasyTax for the first time in CH(Aargau)
Im wondering why the DA-1 field is 0.

and I don’t find the Checkbox: ‘kein Antrag auf Anrechnung ausländischer Quellensteuern’.
mentionnes on the help

Nettobesteuerung
Bei der Nettobesteuerung wird die Brutto-Dividende abzüglich die nicht rückforderbare ausländische Quellensteuer (in der Regel nur ein Teil der gesamten ausländischen Steuer) besteuert. Anstatt einen Antrag auf Anrechnung ausländischer Quellensteuern zu erstellen, wird daher durch EasyTax der entsprechende Nettowert in Rubrik B des Wertschriftenverzeichnisses ausgedruckt (bei USA-Positionen ev. im Ergänzungsblatt RUS). Beispiel: Eine Brutto-Dividende von CHF 200.-- mit einer nicht rückforderbaren ausländischen Steuer von 15 % ergibt einen steuerbaren Nettoertrag in Rubrik B von CHF 170.–.

Kein Antrag auf Anrechnung ausländischer Quellensteuern

Anstelle eines Antrages auf Anrechnung ausländischer Quellensteuern (DA-1) kann die Nettobesteuerung beantragt werden. Dies geschieht in EasyTax durch das Markieren des Feldes 'kein Antrag auf Anrechnung ausländischer Quellensteuern". Dadurch wird wie im Beispiel oben automatisch der Nettoertrag in Rubrik B oder allenfalls im Ergänzungsblatt RUS ausgedruckt.

Anybody know how to use this software ?

Thanks

My next questions. What do theses numbers means ?
Would I get money back ?

thanks for your help

Lyxor SICAV is clearly a fund domiciled in Luxembourg, so no level 2 withholding taxes to reimburse. It should not be in DA-1. Vanguard looks like is an Irish fund, same story. Dividends from them go correctly as B: no (level 2) withholding taxes.

You haven’t declared any wealth, which is most probably wrong.

This is the calculation of your tax at cantonal, communal and federal level. The applied tarif seems to be married without children. Is it correct?

Have you been taxed at source? There must be a field to enter taxes that you have already paid. If you get money back or not depends obviously on how much you owe and how much you have already paid.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help.

Lyxor SICAV is clearly a fund domiciled in Luxembourg, so no level 2 withholding taxes to reimburse. It should not be in DA-1. Vanguard looks like is an Irish fund, same story. Dividends from them go correctly as B: no (level 2) withholding taxes.

The vanguard is VOO a US ETF. I got the valoren nr 983129 and ISIN US9229081081 from ICTAX

You haven’t declared any wealth, which is most probably wrong.

I declared the wealth as followed.

This is the calculation of your tax at cantonal, communal and federal level. The applied tarif seems to be married without children. Is it correct?
Thanks I just add the kids

Have you been taxed at source? There must be a field to enter taxes that you have already paid. If you get money back or not depends obviously on how much you owe and how much you have already paid.

2022 I paid almost 13000 CHF at source. Have not seen a field to add the tax at source

Thanks for your help

Ok but then you somehow have put it to “B” instead of “DA-1”.

Should be somewhere in the end I guess.

Ok then it’s probably below taxable limit.

Ok I have finally read your original message :rofl:

That’s what happens, I think. Your dividends from US ETFs are too low to ask for a refund, so they were transferred to “B” with netto amounts.

I guess it is available only if you may, if you want, skip requesting a refund. In your case, the refund is not available anyway, so that’s why you don’t see it.

I don’t remember seeing one when I was at source, might depend on cantons. It should be in the Lohnausweis tho.

I have simulated 1000 VOO Shares. Dividends 2.656 CHF but de DA1 value is still Zero

I think i am missing something with this tax software

You have to click no at one of the questions, otherwise it makes it B instead of DA-1. Please search the forum. This has been answered in the past.

That question only comes before you send the application if I remember correctly. To see if you will receive a tax refund you take the taxes you already had to pay and subtract the taxes estimated by easytax. You have to do that calculation by yourself. After you have sent in your tax declaration, you will receive a final calculation. If everything was correct in your tax declaration, the refund will correspond to the one you calculated beforehand.

Did you find a solution?

Yes,
for US ETF declare them as US Stocks.

1 Like