Family Home & Mobile Internet provider [2023 edition]

Hi fellow mustachians

I’d like to find a good setup for internet connectivity:

• smartphone, data CH flat
  • laptop, data CH flat (hotspotting via smartphoe would work as a fallback)
  • data for at home (router, we have some more WLAN devices that dont connect to mobile networks)
  • optionally smartphone & laptop of the partner

the best I currently have is an abo for CHF 25/mo plus a glass fiber abo in Zurich for CHF 50/mo, which is shared

=> Cost: ~CHF 40/mo, for one mobile device and a fixed line at home

I remember there were some hacks with sim-routers etc

what cool setup do you have?

1 Like

I have Wingo, all unlimited in CH for 20/mo and Salt fiber for 50/m

Wingo has an offer for 25.-/month (Fair Flat) right now. Everything unlimited in Switzerland and 2GB/month in the EU (every additional GB costs 5.-).

We have Sunrise TV and 10 Gbit (well most of my hardware anyway only supports 1 Gbit max.) fiber internet for CHF 42/month. This was an awesome deal at Qoqa for a lifelong subscription that someone posted here on the forum. The speed is really great and I get the full 1 Gbit.

For mobile I have digitec connect for CHF 20/month everything included in CH and a bit outside CH.

Does it really support up to 10Gbits from a client or just as a total?

I don’t know to be honest. There is a 10 Gbit/s port on the Sunrise router, so I think it should work, but can’t confirm.

2023-2024 Update Request: I « need » to get internet for my new apartment…i could actually probably live with hot spotting my phone (since I never use all my data and my plan carries forward anything unused), but when my kids are with me we like to play online.

Based on the extremely low coverage for fibre optic in Neuchatel, I’m limited to main offers….for my new address: Sunrise/UPC is claiming download 1Gb/s and upload 100mB/s and Swisscom claims download 100mB/s and upload 32mB/s for similar prices…

so based on previous posts from 2022, Sunrise/UPC seems the better of the two assuming that their « estimate speed » is not 10x less than estimated

Any other comments/advice I may be missing?

Thanks in advance…

Did you also take a look at Wingo ? I know they use the Swisscom backbone but it cost nothing to take a look :slight_smile: .

Not yet, saw it mentioned higher up but forgot to looking into it so thanks for the idea, I’ll have a look. I don’t know Wingo at all, reliable and no service/after sales complaints?

Edit: so Wingo is aligned to Swisscom on all levels…I’ll call both to see what I can negociate live.