I’m curious how people here separate crypto from their long-term FIRE plan.
My main portfolio is still boring: ETFs, cash buffer, and pension planning. But I also keep a very small crypto side bucket for BTC/ETH, mostly as a speculative position and not something I count toward my FIRE number.
I recently started checking BYDFi for small crypto trades, but I would never treat exchange balances as part of my core portfolio. For me, crypto only makes sense if it stays small, tracked separately, and does not change the long-term plan.
How do others here handle this?
Do you include crypto in your net worth and FIRE calculations, or keep it completely separate as “fun money”?
I have a diversified portfolio and crypto has its place in it: home, pension fund, 3a vt-like, vwra etf, crypto (btc, eth). That way i am more organized with my overall portfolio and I consider crypto to have a positive return. So i am also stricter with buys-sells, rebalancing , allocation etc. I used to consider crypto fun money, but I realized I was just doing shit with it (no plan, fomo, memes etc). Only when I started to look at it as a real part of my AA, it worked.
I have some rules though:
-only new money goes into crypto (i never sell vwra into btc for exemple)
-every 4 years I rebalance from btc into vwra
-When I try to simulate the expected return of my portfolio, i am very conservative with crypto average returns
-Crypto is the only asset where i try to time the market. I do few buys and sells though, mostly hodl for 4y
Mit dem Lesen und der Teilnahme an diesem Forum bestätigst du, dass du die Forum-Richtlinien gelesen hast und damit einverstanden bist sowie den Haftungsausschluss auf http://www.mustachianpost.com/de/ akzeptierst.