Developers developers developers

One thing I hate about side project is that I’ve never finished one to reach that point.

7 Likes

Can’t agree more with you ^^’
That’s why I’m trying to work with friends, so that we can motivate each other^^

I’d be interested in your ideas. I’ve done pretty much everything from frontend to backend. Python, java, Go, PHP, CSS etc.

ahah. I can’t find friends that want to work with me

1 Like

Hi sounds nice. Have a background in Front, Back and Mobile Dev. Currently looking into blockchains and hybrid mobile frameworks. Used React, Angular, Java, Kafka ,C# and so on. how could i help?

1 Like

Ex developer here. Now my expertise is excel and ppt :stuck_out_tongue:
but I guess use to code in almost anything from C++ to python, to LISP, scripting like perl… (apprentice of everything not really mastering any).

Now I want to retake my AI expertise.

1 Like

AI/ML is interesting, but I noticed a lack of empaty on the experts there.
You need to read all the papers just to try a single thing AAND their concept of open-source is to drop their sh.tuff on github and forget it. Sad.

2 Likes

Backend developer working in Go (opens lots of doors for remote working) for the last 2 years, C++/C# for a total of 20+ years before that.

2 Likes

Software engineer here, mostly a backend java guy.
Worked on search engine / recommendation algorithms in a start-up for 10 years. Had a crazy number of ideas but either not enough time or no way to monetize them.

1 Like

Full-stack developer: Python, Django, Javascript, TypeScript, Angular, Kubernetes and Docker a bit of infra, a little bit of Go and Java (Android). For fun: Video game programming (Godot, JavaScript, C) and language parsers. I am getting close to 15 years of professional experience.

Dev / BA here.
Do you guys attend to Software Dev meetups?

Any recommendation in terms of remote companies? I’m under the impression that only US-based companies can compete with the salaries we have here in Switzerland. Given that a lot of them adjust by cost of living, it makes sense to stay in Switzerland. But I still haven’t found so many open interesting remote positions. I guess your experience makes it easier as well!

There are good online lists such as yanirs/established-remote: A list of established remote companies (github.com) or Remote Companies (remotive.io). Here in Switzerland, I’m aware of e.g. GitHub or GitLab that are set up to hire here, but of course there are many others I’m not aware of (especially crypto-startups in Zug).

speaking of remote, there is a company that I won’t name but start with Cross… that offer a remote position for 30k US dollars, tailored to Zurich. They should be ashamed. Just put a generic Ad, not to Zurich. I wonder if they offer the same to San Francisco…