Degiro - EasyTax

I’ve successfully managed to report my UBS funds via EasyTax software.
Now when I sold all of them and switched to degiro I realize I can’t find Valor # or something like that for different shares on different stocks or ETFs.

-Does degiro.ch provide some Year End statements?
-how to map fields from your positions to easy tax software?

Well, at least the ISIN must be printed somewhere?

Just export all transactions for the year in question in .xls or .csv format.
ISIN, date of transaction, price, exchange rate, fees, etc. is all there.

1 Like

Its time to collect data for Tax reportoing.

Degiro report has categories:
1)Buying / selling shares etfs
2)Fees
3)Money Market conversion
4) dividends and dividend tax

1 - i report for sure
2 - its just an expense non-deductible

what to do with 3 and 4?

You need to report the following to the tax authorities:

1. Securities held on December 31st
  2. Dividends received throughout the year

If you held stocks/ETF/whatever for some time (but not on December 31) and you didn’t get any dividends from them → no need to report.

About the fees: Custody fees are deductible, trading fees not. Some cantons accept 0.3% fees of total assets without asking questions.

3 Likes

Which cantons are those? (Zurich is 0.3%, max 6k)

My mistake, thought it was higher… Corrected it!

which degiro tool helps with reporting? i only found the total history of all transactions - export to excel and then build your own.

and - they require a cut off balance report on 31.12 or the whole history? Open + movement + closing.

Again, they do not require a list of transactions! You need to list all your securities that

1. You hold on December 31 (for the determination of wealth tax)
  2. You held during the year and got dividends of (for the determination of the taxable income)

I only know the interface of the tax authorities of Bern. There you can look up the security (by valoren-number), state how many units you held on the dividend date and on December 31 and the software will do the rest.

I’m not with degiro, so I can’t help you with the report.

1 Like

Danke sehr! You helped a lot already!

Degiro does give a detailed report that you could attach to the tax declaration with assets at the end of year, dividends received and all transactions made, but they are slow. I got a message that it will be ready until middle March for this year.

Somehow that doesn’t add up with the professional trader status though.

You could literally buy and sell millions in options from January 2 through December 30, without receiving any dividends - and not declare them? Sounds too good to be true.

If you don’t make money doing that, they won’t care :slight_smile:

do you need actively request that or they share it automatically?

It’s created automatically, you don’t have to request anything. And it’s free unlike Swiss brokers.

I actually opened the Swiss version app today and it has already been created today. But it’s probably not created at the same time for all users, that’s why they had said until mid March. I also have a second Degiro account from another country in EUR and it hasn’t appeared there yet.

It’s under Aktivität > Berichte > Jahresübersicht 2020 in the Swiss App.

1 Like

cool thanks! found it as well. BTW App is the same no matter which country you are in. its your account domicile that matters.