Crypto.com cash/cryptoback credit card

Will it ever reach that?

My crystal ball say yes :slight_smile: If it successfully challenge BNB, it could go higher, the fundamental for it is there. Obviously no one knows what tomorrow will bring.

1 Like

I am not that convinced about the fundamentals, if the credit card benefits go away, the price of CRO will crash quite heavily. I do not think that the Cronos blockchain has any advantages compared to other chains, and the App has very wide spreads making trading expensive. The exchange offer cheaper fees but still it is more expensive that other platforms.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to report for tax purposes the cash back from the CRO card? Should be included in other income?

1 Like

The cashback is probably low enough to not report it. But the staking rewards should be reported as income from wealth.

1 Like

Tried online shopping with it in Japan (rakuten). the card details were accepted, but the transaction later failed to resolve. I’m interested to know what conditions were not met… Anyone got a clue ?

CRO customer service should be able to tell.

My bet is, you mistyped yor CVV/CVC

I just downloaded the transaction history, tidied it up in Excel, pdf it then attached it to my tax return. I will see what they say.

I’ve seen the following cases of declines:

• I’ve used the wrong expiry date (from the virtual card which is different from the physical one) and locked my card
  • Not enough funds in the wallet
  • Their payment gateway returned an error message after entering the SMS code

Right, I’ll contact their CS.
CVV/CVC: been careful typing it. Done a diligent check : card details, sufficient balance, overseas use enabled, … I believe something else went wrong because I’ve made other successful transactions back home.

Might have been a hiccup, might be permanent.

Some services like Digitec block the card for whatever reason.

Nope, I can happily pay with it.

1 Like

That’s strange.

My card gets denied for security reasons at Digitec & Galaxus.

I haven’t been able to use it on other services either.

Wierd, reach out to the crypto.com support and ask what’s up (they will ask for a selfie with the card and a paper with todays date for identification). As said I managed to once freeze the physical card when I accidentally tried two purchases with the wrong expiry date.

Me too. Blocked once due to wrong/old CVC

I’ve now upgraded to the Icy White tier with 5% cashback and used it immediately for a new watch purchase. 467 EUR cashback :smiley:

1 Like

No private jet membership… pff. :slight_smile:

You really need to use it a lot to make it worthwhile.

2 Likes

How very Mustachian of you… :wink:

2 Likes

1876 USD cashback in total in the last 6 month makes it worthwhile for me :slight_smile:

Asset allocation diversification into luxury watches :wink:

2 Likes