Coinbase Index Fund

Hi guys,

I’m not personally into crypto currencies, but some of you might find this interesting.

Coinbase Index Fund will give investors exposure to all digital assets listed on Coinbase’s exchange, GDAX, weighted by market capitalization. If a new asset is listed on the exchange, it will be automatically added to the fund.

Current composition:

• Bitcoin: 62%
  • Ethereum: 27%
  • Bitcoin Cash: 7%
  • Litecoin: 4%

Here are the announcement and the official site. There is also this PDF Coinbase Index: Construction and Methodology.

1 Like

I didn’t find the cost, but I expect it to be pretty high and therefore not really a mustachian investment. Still interesting news in my opinion.

But why would you want an Index fund if you can just as easily cold the asset yourself at practically no cost?

I am honestly not a huge fan of those crypto derivatives but I guess it gets the “normies” into the space, for better or for worse.

1 Like

@sparrow The cost (TER) is 2%

I think it’s a good idea, but it should include more cryptocurrencies. Moreover, it’s only at US investors and especially at rich US investors (more than 1M USD net worth or 200k/year).

Yes, it didn’t look like a mustachian investment. Still an interesting step in the crypto currencies world.