"Clean" ETF (no cigarette, weapon company...)

I’m looking to invest in a “clean” but performing ETF similar to VT.
Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Is it really possible ? What about investments in companies that owns shops which sell cigarettes ?

I only know of https://yova.ch/ who specialized on sustainable investing. Not sure what products they buy in the end.

1 Like

Assuming the ESG criterias match your own.

Viac does it as well, but I dont know what ETFs they are using…:

• First, certain industries are completely excluded. These include alcohol, gambling, tobacco, eroticism, nuclear power, military weapons, civil firearms and genetically modified organisms.

awesome, thank you! this one looks quite good to me…: iShares Dow Jones Global Sustainability Screened UCITS ETF

This probably shows why it is difficult to construct such ETFs. Everyone is different about what they’d want to have in it.

Me personally, I’d be fine with eroticism, nuclear power. and GMOs. But I’d want meat-companies excluded from the portfolio.

1 Like

Invesco MSCI USA Universal Screened ETF for TER of only 0.09% or Invesco MSCI Word Universal Screened ETF for 0.19%

From the VIAC custom strategy list

UBS ETF MSCI Switzerland IMI SRI
UBS ETF MSCI USA SRI
UBS ETF MSCI EMU SRI
UBS ETF MSCI UK IMI SRI
UBS ETF MSCI Pacific SRI
CSIF World ex CH ESG
CSIF US ESG - Pension Fund
UBS ETF MSCI Emerging Markets SRI

2 Likes

I currently have this one for Europe and I am quite happy with it’s performance. TER of 0.22% is not too bad either for such an institution like UBS who is more known for their high fees.

Bonus: you can get it at no costs on DEGIRO!

1 Like