Chronicles of 2026 - the next chapter

From what I read, it’s more about gold/silver becoming meme-style investment (leveraged, heavy momentum, volatility, etc.).

3 Likes

On longer time periods, probably. On the shorter run, the price of a can of beans is extremely volatile if the value of gold is flat but the price of everyday consumption items fluctuate. In non hyperinflatory places, cash is still the best measure of price for shortish intervals of time.

2 Likes

Blast from the past…
Let’s see how long this particular rush will last.

4 Likes

I know not what’s going to happen. What I know is that I have a small loan denominated in JPY while holding the collateral to pay it in CHF. This is managed with a set of rules that I detailed on my intro post.

If JPY margin rate goes to 3%, the loan is paid with the CHF collateral
If CHFJPY goes to 190, the loan is paid with the CHF collateral
If CHFJPY reaches 200 sell 1.5K to mitigate risk and take some profits
If CHFJPY reaches 205.53 sell 4.1K
The remainder will be paid for by the dividends

When CHFJPY reached 200, my order was executed, and now I’m waiting for the next event to occur.

I’m confident on the relative devaluation of the Yen in regard to the Swiss Franc, but if I’m wrong, I have an exit strategy.

(Source)

I lol’d.

6 Likes

Juste love Morgan Housel reaction.

Yep Silver and Gold are the meme stocks and BTC. I feel like shorting some but don’t have the balls to do it

1 Like

Talking about 2026,

I plucked up the courage and bought my e-vignette today.

Smart financial move, for sure.

3 Likes

Why courage? I got the sticky one because it’s just easier for everyone (me, police) for the car, but will probably get the e-vignette for the motorcycle, and not even before March/April as I don’t anticipate hitting the motorway before that, and on the motorcycle it’s not even visible without removing a panel under the saddle.

I always see some Aldi (?) deals where you get 50% off, but I always miss them, goal for next year “get 2 vignettes for the price of 1”.

Never heard of highway market timing,
But I guess you live you learn. :rofl:

1 Like

After too much time thinking of what would be my monthly financial move, considering market conditions that are a bit uncommon, gold and stuff,

I came up with this, which could easily be forgotten with all the fuss.

I expect a return on investment of max x5 (even gold does not beat it atm), considering having forgotten it could risk me a 200 CHF fine and vignette price.

Being breakeven above a probability of ~17% getting caught, I think that’s a smart move for a risk averse person I am.

Also I’ll buy some Pokémon cards with the gain (I read an article about that).

I’m out.

1 Like

For real?

Having driven through Italy, France and Greece among other places…40CHF/year is an insane bargain and RoI, and that’s before accounting for the quality of Swiss motorways! Taking the tolled private motorway through Athens can cost 6+ EUR/day, and God forbid you drive out of the cities, 2-3.50EUR tolls every 30 mins… Or driving from Gorizia to Gotthard I recall being 90EUR or so!

3 Likes

Of course it is.

I just wanted to share a story of the average guy shaking on market orders…that’s insane…trump is mad… should I time… everything will collapse soon…oh gold I love you but should we get apart…

And the guy eventually switches his browser tab to buy a vignette as a final move.

1 Like

I did well considering how the day goes :joy:

I literally just checked my tickers because of this post. Yes VWRL is 1.5% down, 6.5% for TQQQ. Big effing deal, SCHD and CHDVD picked up the slack. Then googled and see words like “crash”, “cratered”, “sell-off”. Media is such cancer.

Edit: Reddit, first posts I see “Gold and silver dumped”, “stocks in freefall” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Started very very good today, but now “only” 1% gain left, thanks to Liberty, IBM, CAT and Lockheed. OK, this is actually nice, don’t make that every day, but started the day at almost 2% gain.

And the Nasdaq is down 2%.

Betting it’ll be bought back up by Tuesday.

Media is this every single time:

12 Likes

“Wow. Gold has now outperformed Bitcoin on a 5-year basis”

— Joe Weisenthal

(Source)


Of course, one can always pick a different starting point. Still impressive, though.
And look at that difference in volatility.

3 Likes

Gold remains the gold standard even after 1000 years.

8 Likes

World’s longest bubble!

6 Likes