CHF accounts with best interest rates: discussion

The aim would, in fact, be the opposite, as your assets are diversified across multiple banks. It would also maximize Swiss depositor protection. Of course, anyone with a bit of initiative could easily do this themselves, but for a neobank looking for a unique value proposition, it’s an idea worth considering.

2 Likes

Agreed. Especially if the app could make the whole thing appear as simple as a bank account on the user’s end.

2 Likes

How much would you be willing to pay for this, per year, in terms of AUM?

0.1, maybe 0.2% p.a., to be deducted from the earned interest. I think banks will also provide some kick back if you bring them customers.

Would be interesting to explore if it is possible to pool some deposits and place money with SNB. :grin:

Add a debit card to let you earn interchange kickbacks with payment network fees for the currency exchange, like Neon, and I am sold on it. Many risk averse persons probably also.

3 Likes

Apparently such products for copanies already exist in the US: Deposit insurance maximization as a service

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: CHF short term deposits

Did someone mention IBRK? Above CHF 10k, you get 1.06% p.a.

And interest is payed out monthly :heart_hands:

1 Like

https://www.ubs.com/ch/en/private/accounts-and-cards/accounts/savings-account-extra.html

I wonder if I could just save my money there for a year and then close their account??

2 Likes

Max withdrawal of 10k per year. Does that mean if i put in 100k then I can only withdraw it (without penalty) over the course of a decade?

UBS Savings Account extra
Get more from your money with an attractive interest rate, which applies until 30 September 2024. After this time, your UBS Savings Account extra will be automatically continued under the standard conditions of the UBS Savings Account.

It’s kind of a cross between a savings account and a fixed term deposit.

1 Like

No, 10k max without fees.
All savings account have such conditions (some have higher limits though, like 20k).

New offer by Bank Linth, which has not been posted:

Bank Linth savings account 1.85% (up to 250k), 20k / month withdrawal, 3 mth notice for larger amounts. No fees until 30.6.24, then 7.-/mth for banking package. But same as LLB, no guaranteed interest rate, subject to change at any moment.

2 Likes

On banks profiting from higher rates:

Some guy in the comment section proposes to own bank shares instead of leaving cash on your account at negative real rates. Just make sure not to own the next CS :smile:!

So it seems that currently the best choice is the Bank Linth Sparkonto with 1.85%.
They restrict withdraws by 20k/month, but in practice u can get 20k by the end of one month and another 20k by the end next month.
After one year the offer ends and the rate will drop.
Do you think next month there will be better rates than 1.85% in other banks?
Is bank linth a trusted and well known bank? I didn’t know about it before

I personally prefer a more stable offer and not a time limited offer. Bank BSU has for example 1.36%, neon 0.9% on spaces.

If you are really into FIRE you do not have anyways that much cash, but invested :smiley:

So if SNB hikes next month rates to 2.5% and Bank Linth offers a new saving account with 2.25% rate. This new rate of 2.25% will not be applicable to my already open saving account, right?

In that case if SNB rates skyrocket another bank, ie WIR, will offer an interesting saving account offer so we could transfer anytime our cash to a new saving account with updated rates.

definitely I have more cash than I should have.

“Neon has an interest rate of 0.9% on the combined total of funds on spaces up to 25’000 CHF. All funds exceeding this limit will generate an interest of 0.65%.”

I will open the saving account in Bank Linth, and as I have already a Neon account and PostFinance, I will split the cash among them.
Sth like 25k in Neon at 0.9%, rest of savings in Bank Linth at 1.85%, and I will still use the PF for my salary, eBills…

With this scheme in case I would need to cash out largely I could in a one month time window 20k x2 (one time end of month, and one time beginning of next month) from Bank Linth and 25k from neon.

In case interest rates hikes significantly (sth I doubt) prob another bank would offer a decent saving account with an interesting interest, and I would open a new saving account there.

I split my savings between Cler and WIR, while I keep the tax money on Yuh.
Indeed, willbe seems a better solution to park cash.

Yuh seems to have account closing fees and account inactivity fees
Are these on Willbe as well?