Cheapest "real" Credit Card

I’m thinking of moving my main account to Neon away from ZugerKB which has increased their fees this year. However I did like the Gold Viseca credit card for it being a real credit card (accepted at car rental facilities etc.). What is currently the cheapest “real” credit card? Bonus points if it’s one that supports Google Pay and eBills.

What is wrong with Cashback cards, cards from Migros, Coop, IKEA, …?

Coop supercard from TopCard.
Cashback cards and other cards from Swisscard.

Sure the cashback cards work with Google Pay? I just tried (again) with the Amex and it’s a no-go.

Yes, but there is also a Visa/MasterCard in a set.
I have other older cards from Swisscard in Google pay.

Speaking of which, there are must be bonuses for ordering a new card. Happy to provide referral links if you want.

IKEA promises 50 CHF starting credit, but it is Cembra, so no ebill.

Probably nothing wrong with them. Which of those do support eBill invoicing and Google Pay tho?

Coop supercard from TopCard I have in Google pay and they support eBill. And I would say it even looks nice for a free credit card.

I am 99% sure that you can add Visa/MasterCard from Cashback set to Google pay, I just didn’t do it myself. Also with ebill.

1 Like

And a note about something I didn’t write yet. You can use it to pay for Reka credits when charging Reka account with 3% discount at Coop.

But to maximize Cashback, you have to pay with Cashback Amex card at Coop %)

For the cashback I’m purely using my crypto.com credit card. The only usecase for a new “credit” credit card would be the car rentals and potential emergency fund (I’d need a 10k CHF limit or so).

Sounds good, anybody with a beancount importer available for either the Coop or the Cashback cards?

Which they might not let you do. At least I was told by the coop clerk that I couldn’t use a credit card to buy Reka checks. Happy to try again in a shop where the employees might not know this rule :slight_smile:

This is correct, Coop credit card being an exception.

I have meant to use AMEX for regular shopping in Coop.

1 Like

According to this Google support page for Swisscards, only MasterCard cards are compatible.

The Coop one should work as it is a TopCard card and those are all supported.

By reading and partipating to this forum, you confirm you have read and agree with the disclaimer presented on http://www.mustachianpost.com/
En lisant et participant à ce forum, vous confirmez avoir lu et être d'accord avec l'avis de dégagement de responsabilité présenté sur http://www.mustachianpost.com/fr/