Cheapest disability Insurance?

Hi!

I am currently self-employed making a decent salary, after moving to Switzerland about 5 years ago. So no Pillar 2 insurances, but paying the max for self-employed (~34K CHF/year) into my Pillar 3a with Finpension.

Since I am financially comfortable and savings are on track, I am looking to insure myself against disability since I will only get something like 1195 to 2390 CHF/month from the compulsory insurance in case of being fully disabled.

Currently, I am paying 2500CHF/year for 100K life insurance + 40K/year pension in the event of becoming disabled. After a bit of research, it seems like I am overpaying. I don’t have dependents (wife should be able to sustain herself alone), so I don’t really need a life insurance at all. But I would like to have an income, even if I lost the ability to work

The cheapest quote for disability insurance I could find online was Zurich giving me a quote of 110CHF/month for a disability insurance policy that pays 36K CHF/year pension in case of fully disabled.

Just wanted to hear if any Mustachians have additional disability insurance, and where to find the cheapest solution!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Thanks for the link! they are actually much more affordable, even for six-figures salaries.

I couldn’t read if they also offer a partial pension if one gets partially disabled but will read closer and reach out for an offer!