Changing gender to retire earlier

That’s not possible, what people have paid in have funded the AHV annuities of the people retired at the time the taxes were paid. There is no money to pay back the people who paid for it, the only way to do it would be to raise ad hoc taxes, which would mean the people would pay to reimburse themselves (a neutral transaction) or some people would pay to reimburse others (taxation of some to benefit others, a.k.a. redistribution of wealth, a.k.a. “theft” if I understand your reasoning).

You do realize this means taxes can only ever go up, and never down, do you? Since you have paid taxes, it is morally justifiable for you to get their value back, but since spending is paid for by the taxes that have already been gathered (and those that are currently being gathered), people have already paid for the programs the government provides and it is morally justifiable that they get the full benefits of the programs they’ve paid for. You then can’t cancel those programs because then, they would have paid for them but couldn’t get back the value of their money because that would have been redistributed to those who benefited from the programs at the time the taxes were being paid, and not those who paid the taxes (a.k.a. redistribution of wealth, a.k.a. “theft”).

In order to cut governemnt spending, someone will have to take a hit. If we don’t accept that the money paid in taxes is lost and we don’t have to get any benefit from it, we can never cut taxes.

1 Like

Won’t all your official letters be addressed with a different gender? I guess HR contacts as well, most likely people – including employer – will assume you’re transitioning (ideally people shouldn’t care, but the world isn’t ideal and you might face discrimination).

People in your building as well might notice the different name on mailbox, people/companies contacting you. A landlord/landlady might also treat a people differently.

Anyway I think it’s probably a learning experience.

You are living on such a magical cloud of “everything benefitting me should come to me and other people should sacrifice for me to get there” that I would not want to try and keep foot on. With the ability to sacrifice and take personal hits willingly comes agency. I wish you happiness and fulfillment but I don’t think that’ll come from getting your political wants fulfilled anytime soon.

With that, I have derailed this thread well enough, so my apologies for that.

2 Likes

Not necessarily, mostly that is you salutation. You can tell your employeer/bank/landlord you are Mr. Nabalzbhf, doesn’t have to match your gender. Some people add Dr., Prof., etc. as well etc.

he mainly stating that women more often don’t take upon themselves to suggest a high raise, assuming negociations would then occur, and either ask for a lower number or let to the employer the luxury to state whatever amount they want (including 0)

1 Like

One thing not mentioned yet in this thread: It might impact your insurance premiums, as these are sometimes based on your gender.

3 Likes

You’d also need a gender ambiguous first name for that :slight_smile: And your bank/employer/etc. often send things based on your ID, regardless of what you tell them.

(I know well because my ID states different set of first names, which I’d never use otherwise, yet I still receive about half my mail with them).

Do you need to even officially change your name?

I do believe that women face discrimination in certain ways in today’s world.
But I think that has to do with being recognized as female, having grown up thinking yourself as female, and possibly some ways women are (on average) innately different. And has nothing to do with your legal gender.

I’m pretty sure that this won’t affect your salary through discrimination – maybe through your boss thinking, you’re weird/bad for doing it.

Women have a lower salary for things, such as:

• motherhood,
  • different education chosen by different genders,
  • low assertiveness during salary negotiation,
  • picking different careers based on gender norms and different interests,
  • firms thinking they can get away with paying women less,
  • discrimination based on perceived ability based on your gender/sex.

All but the last one clearly won’t change with a legal gender change alone.
I don’t think the last ones will have any effect either, because your boss will simply not regard you as female. Imagine if a white person suddenly told their boss they were (officially) black, and their boss was racist against blacks. Will the boss think you are incredibly weird, maybe no longer want to work with you? Sure. But they won’t treat you differently because they think you’re black.

1 Like

The requirements and length of AHV-pensions payed for widows and widowers have big differences!

If a widow ist older than 45 or hase kids (at any age of her or the kids) she get a life log AHV widow pension
A widower only gets a AHV-widower-pension if he has young kids and only as long as his kids are under 18

There isn’t really in Switzerland. There might be discrimination against men though.

1 Like

Might? These three topics are concrete discrimination cases by law against men.

I’m not aware if there are any cases of discrimination by law in Switzerland against women.

Note:

• I’m not saying that there aren’t any. I’m just saying that i don’t know of any. I’d be happy if anyone knows to contribute.
  • I’m also ton saying anything about if there is or there isn’t any discrimination about any gender in general. I’m just referring to the law.

Fun fact: Same sex partners (eingetragene Partnerschaft) are handled both as widowers independent of their sex. So the discrimination in this case is against men and homosexual women.

I think we are now at risk of retyping the arguments in this 190 post long thread !

1 Like

Well, in that specific case, the person can change his name only legally. I suppose he will get a new ID (does he have to if the current one is still valid ? does he have to pay for it ?). Then, he can keep his name on his letterbox and not mention this change to service providers or banks. I personally hardly ever use my ID - except when I travel or when I open a bank account. But for the latter, another official document could also be provided (for example a driving license). Then after a year, he can just legally change back his gender - again for 75.-

I could imagine the situation could be more problematic when you change you gender to avoid military and the military taxation because in that case that legal change has to last longer (~10 years). In the current situation it is just about 12 months…

If you really want the hassle of taking days of, informing people that you are absent for a few days and you are going to jail because of a fine that you don’t want to pay…
Don’t think that any normal people that I know of would do that but okay I respect it.

Honestly if you don’t have anything else to do in life… Most of us agree that with this new law they opened a lot of loopholes but I find more things in life interesting than searching for those and exploiting them.

2 Likes

Thougt that’s only possible if you’re broke and police can’t confiscate your belongings?

3 Likes

I don’t hear any of these stories and I don’t see any expensive cars parking at our prison in Biberbrugg. Only dumb wealthy people go to prison for a fine. Why the fuck would I go two weeks into prison for let’s say a 20’000 CHF fine if I have ten millions? Like how does that make sense.

You don’t have to be wealthy to realise that the most valuable asset on earth is time. You can’t stop or reverse it. It just keeps on ticking.

5 Likes

i never have a problem with wealthy people behind bars, let them do it if they think this is worth their time. Makes me wonder why do you think this is such a big problem in the first place?

I honestly have bigger fishes to fry myself.

1 Like

This is you biggest problem at the moment?

So this is all just about “back in my days xyz was better”?

to me it looks like we have higher partecipation at the polls, it looks like you are the one that is salty in a internet forum, while the interest general popolation might be changing?

But, no the orthers must be at fault…

1 Like

Lots of assumptions about me here.

I thought you were a libertarian? Isn’t policing how people chose to represent themselves a government overreach?

2 Likes