Car insurance Tesla Model 3

I have got an offer from Zurich also which is the mos competitive so far but noted that Gross Negligence was not included - any thoughts on the actual value of having that piece insured? I guess is quite high.

Also looking for opinions, for those who leased, how important is to have interiors protection? I have got 1 baby and can easily imagine the interiors can suffer :slight_smile:

Yes, I would say it’s “Mandatory” if you get a different feedback, please let me know so I reconsider.
Interior seems easy to clean a the moment… and they will be with the baby car chair, so I am not yet concern about it.

Do you mind sharing the details (price and coverage)?

There you go. Priced at 1.500 CHF with a discount of about 300 CHF for EVs, so ends up being 1.200CHF.

I got offers from Baloise, Generalli and Smile and so far Zurich came out as the best. It´s funny btw that Zurich is the only one being explicit about Gross Negligence not being included. Others do not even mention it so I guess is overlooked by most.

64990 catalog price ? Tesla website show 55 990. Maybe ask for the right catalog price, premium will decrease ?
And Yes, gross neglicence is a must have, I think.

And no parking damage for a new car ?

That is indeed a good catch, but it seems to be calculated automatically. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.

Yeah, parking coverage seems to be important specially for when leasing.

With the correct catalog price, gross negligence, park damage and lower deductibles I was able to get it to around 1280 total (after deductions). Just fyi, maybe you can indeed insist on lowering the price given the almost 20% lower catalog price. Perhaps do it in two steps, get a cheaper offer for the current configuration before modifying other options.

Keep in mind that age, nationality and sex play a role on the premium. You are maybe cheaper ahah.

Ah true, that is as well a factor. I was wrongly assuming all of those would match :slight_smile:

After multiple iterations I got one combination that was the best for me and I signed with Smile. <1.300 CHF For full casco, bonus protection, road assistance, gross negligence, and parking damages included. Here below an extract of the offer and what I’ve learned:

• Their customer service is top-notch, extremely kind and patient.
  • First year’s license matters a lot, much more than the sex of the main driver
  • You get 120 CHF of cash-back when using Neon

2 Likes