Capital Gains and Cross-Border Worker

Hello everyone,

As a French cross-border worker, I have a somewhat special question.

I saw that private capital gains are exempt from taxes in Switzerland.

I want to know how taxation works if I invest in Switzerland (via a Swiss broker)?

Will I be taxed in France, or will I be exempt?

Technically, it would be more advantageous than my PEA if this is the case because I wouldn’t have any taxes to pay.

Thank you.

You are a tax resident of France and therefore also pay your taxes there, including capital gains.

You must declare your earnings from capital gains to the French tax authority, not doing so is considered tax evasion.