The opportunity of buying a nice apartment in Basel came to my door and I am not sure how this community will feel on doing such a huge investment in the middle of this crisis. Also, I would like to know what’s the Mustachian way of buying a house in switzelrand without missing any important point.
Here below the details:
- 4.5 room apartment (3 bedrooms) -107sqm + 15sqm terrace - 3rd Floor.
- 5 min walking to Basel main train station
- Price: 1.14 million CHF + 45k CHF garage
- To be built in 2022 therefore new property
- We hope to return to our country in the next 10 years.
- Current rent in a similar location for one bedroom less is 1700chf/month all included.
Questions from my side:
- is it a good time to buy a property in CH?
- What’s the mortgage i% I should target? how long? any bank?
- Is the property price in CH stable? Shall we expect price to drop due to the crisis?
- Does it really make sense to save money vs renting adding the risk of a huge mortgage of 1M CHF?
Thank you to bring your ideas, tips and advices.