Now it is my turn to ask some questions as regards the best strategy in terms of financing possible transaction on real estate market… Of course there is a question to buy or to rent, but in our case we have already decided that we want to become owners, so let’s put it aside.
We have never been so close, even though we are on the 2nd place of people being currently considered by the owner. This means that we should really start preparing, even though nothing is certain yet.
We are considering two options:
- Buying the house and doing some not very big refreshments.
- Buying the house and doing some big renovation project, before we move into it.
The 2nd option is the preferred one, but it of course depends on the money. After some first quick checks, it seems we may be fine with both buying and renovating, but it would rather mean that we reach our maximum affordability. Hence some questions from my side:
- Is it possible to take one mortgage for buying and then the second one for renovation?
- Is it possible to take those mortgages in two different places?
- Maybe we should rather opt from one big mortgage from the beginning? (this can be tricky as we won’t have time to work on the project beforehand due to time pressure…)
- What about using 2nd and 3rd pillar - can we use them in full considering that we have never paid anything in addition to the 2nd pillar and total of 2nd and 3rd pillars are less than 10% of the transaction?
That’s all for now… Thanks in advance for any remarks!