Buy The Dip! 50% off!

Side note:

Does the anyone censor our internet? Or are there Ukrainian (Anonymous?) hackers at work.
I’ve been literally unable to access kremlin.ru or moex.com, and sberbank.com doesn’t work properly.

Then again, the stock lost 73% today.
Can’t win everyday, I guess. :woman_shrugging:t2:

:gem: :raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

EPAM - which had a mental growth from Mar 2020 - has had quite a run today…
Downhill.

Huge numbers of workers in those 3 countries
Belarus - 13808
Ukraine - 12443
Russia - 6049

Not a Russian stock, just very exposed because of workforce.
But if they manage to relocate and get back to speed soon, maybe a good buying op.
It’s (was) a strong business.
But huge effects on all the clients they work for now in the short term.

1 Like

Mail just in (two minutes ago) from IBKR:

Update on MOEX (Russian Market) Accessibility

• MOEX will remain closed on 28 Feb 2022.
  • All MOEX products will be available only for closing (position reducing) transactions.
  • Non-residents of Russia are blocked from selling securities on MOEX per Central Bank of Russia regulation.

And yes, you did read and “compute the logic” for the last two correctly. :point_up:t2:

:gem: hand(cuff)s indeed

2 Likes

Did I mention I have these in my portfolio too? :clown_face:

1 Like

Me (did) too, grabbed them at Covid trough and went up 300%, so I slowly trimmed out of it. :sweat_smile:

Anonymous boasts of having taken down several Russian institutional websites.

2 Likes

Well, 73% is less than 75%, so you’re still winning :smiley:

(Yeah, I know, consider it a basic Turing Test)

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: [COFFEE] Goal of work/investing: personal gain or added value?

Told you

So this is what we can call “a falling knife” right ?

1 Like

Last warning for idiots that are still on this sinking ship: https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1498638765937635338

hope everyone reacted in time: https://twitter.com/thomasrice_au/status/1498943004320870403/photo/1

Yes, because it’s an ADR (as I have mentioned before). You are not owning any Sberbank stocks.
Always know what you invest in.

To clarify: I’m not advising to buy any Sberbank stocks. It’s a pure gamble atm, and you can’t do it anyway with Moscow stock exchange being closed.

1 Like

SBER at 0.01 USD looks cheap :stuck_out_tongue:

SBER @MOEX is supposed to be an ADR!?

No, please check the last Twitter link from IdleThought. The guy showed a screenshot of “Sberbank Russia PJSC Sponsored ADR (SBER-LON)”

SBER @MOEX is the real stock. You just can’t trade it atm.

3 Likes

And even if you were to trade it (not sure when moscow stock market will reopen), I don’t think you’d be able to convert your RUB out due to restrictions.

And one more:

So likely that tons of ETFs will sell their Russian equity very soon

4 Likes

I know what is happening and I support Ukrainians in many ways, let’s try not to think about all those dramatic events over there for a while and support as much as we can.

Do you have any investment strategies for this crisis? I read the news that many Russian companies listed outside Moscow (which is closed) have become penny stocks (-95% of value) but I think I was too late to by as my IB doesn’t allow me to buy them anymore (Sberbank, Lukoil, etc on London Stock Exchange). Any possibility to buy them? Do you have any other strategy for this crisis? If one ever can time the market I think it is during the crisis :slight_smile:

Peace&Love

1 Like