Budgetting tool

Hi folks,

I’ve been reading about different approaches and interesting on what is the most used personal financial
tracker.
Currently as I have only one family account and the e-finance provides a quite nice visualization and budget capabilities.

But as I am moving out, what are the ones that you used.

I’ve read about beancount. What is your opinion here?

Don’t know this by experience, but some here in the forum have mentioned YNAB.

Personally, I use UBS ebanking and the included budgeting tool.

I use/used YNAB before it had a subscription model. Now you have to pay yearly and the app (now webapp) is less flexible, boo!

However it is still the simplest budgeting too I have found so far. The only other options I know before getting too techy would be a spreasheet or Financier.io.

2 Likes

I used to use YNAB but stopped since they changed their business model while making it less useful…

Anyone is aware of software compatible with Swiss banks in order to pull expenses and simplify the classification of expenses etc?

Just use Excel, if you have Ms Office and know how to use it.

2 Likes

Well beancount allows for that, it comes at a somewhat high time investment to setup initially tho.

1 Like

Or LibreOffice Calc if you like the open source side of the Force more. It works great!

1 Like

I have been using Toshl Finance for a couple of years now, while studying and working in Portugal, Czech Republic and now Switzerland!
The free version only has two accounts which can be in whatever currency you want.
I tried the paid version, although it was nice I didn’t find it worth.
But it does connect to banks, interactive brokers and you have a chart for your networth