Broker with fiat ramp in CHF for forex trading

For some time now I have been thinking of putting a large deposit in a broker that has a CHF fiat ramp and being able to trade forex against other currencies.

Do you know any broker where I can make these operations that is safe and with good conditions? I know many with USD and EUR ramps but I would like it to be CHF directly.

What’s a fiat ramp? Is that crypto trader lingo for a means of depositing (CHF, in this case) into a brokerage account? You can do so at Interactive Brokers.

1 Like

fiat ramp is that, just deposit CHF to your brokerage account.

I would like to test an Expert Advisor in Metatrader but I see IB is not compatible with it, that’s why I ask

What would be the advantage of depositing and withdrawing CHF? Currency conversion, EUR accounts, and transfers are nearly free.

Don’t you want to trade high volume forex? Which currency you can transfer seems low priority. Fees, market access, and safe jurisdictions seem to be much more important.

Also be careful, I never heard about forex trading being profitable for small time traders. Most seem to lose money while succumbing to gambling addiction.

Might we know why your case is different?

2 Likes

I intend to start trading in EUR/USD type pairs but depositing CHF. If I have to convert the currency from CHF to EUR for example, I will have to pay a fee, and the same the other way around.

Don’t you think it’s worth looking for a trade account directly in CHF to save those commissions?

And as for what you say about the risk in Forex, I know, I’m aware of it.

Compare the relative expected impact per year.

• Currency conversion at IB is about 2 USD. How many times do you plan to do that so it can have any visible impact?
  • How much fees (including interest spreads, etc.) does your forex strategy generate? How much would you save if you just went to a cheaper broker?
  • How much is this strategy expected to return? How much more (or less) than other more mainstream strategies (e.g. buy and hold 60/40).

I tend to say no, finding such a broker is not worth it. I also tend to say that forex is highly unlikely to beat other strategies (in expected return, let alone risk). So that’s why I ask what makes your case different? Put numbers on the table and we might gain insight.