Blood Test Zürich

Hello, I never did a blood test before here in Switzerland and I was wondering where is it possible to have one in the Zürich area.
Is it too expensive? Would it be better for me since I speak Italian to just do it when I will travel to Milan?

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Ciao,

Based on your Health Insurance it may even be free (annual check, etc.).
Do you have a telemed / doctor / praxis contact given by the insurer?

English is not a problem, usually :slight_smile:

Yes i have NetMed , Family doctor: Centramed Zuerich City
It’s quite funny because i asked a friend which is an insurer and he told me that the blood test is not included in the lamal.

Depends on the reason of the test, if it’s your initiative it will be out-of-pocket (or likely in your deductible)… call them and ask “how much”, be clear which individual tests are needed.

I’m 100% sure it’s going to be cheaper in Italy, in case you have no rush and want to pursue the mustachian way :slight_smile:

Thanks :slight_smile: so i guess unless i have some health issues i won’t be able to get it for free.
I guess i will plan a trip to Milan in the spring if possible given the current situation :grinning:

Blood tests are usually very specific, you can’t just do one test and check everything with it.

The only thing they would check in a routine checkup would be Cholesterol and Glucose. So unless you are overweight or have familiary risk for diabetes you won’t really benefit from it.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the clarification :slight_smile: