Best tech companies to work for in CH

Not a fan of Glassdoor personally: they force you to cough up your salary to see the data you’re after so there is a lot of garbage in their stats. And they never ever expire their data so to calculate their “salary” figure, they use all numbers reported since they started collecting them up until those collected today. This drives Glassdoor estimates down but Glassdoor really works for employers not employees so they’re happy to keep it this way. And since employees rely on GD for negotiating, this keeps salaries low. The confederation’s tool also has issues, mostly that the figure are from 2018.

Employers on the other hand have excellent data: they purchase it from HR firms that collate all this data and to ensure it stays accurate, they force companies who sign up to share their own payroll data.

Moral of the story: always ask for more. I personally use Glassdoor + 20-30%

3 Likes

There are remote-first or full-remote companies hiring in Switzerland, like GitHub, GitLab, and probably others.

1 Like

Take a look at comp.fyi, much better than Glassdoor for tech.

1 Like

Cool, I didn’t realize they had figures for outside Silicon Valley.

Not that much accross Europe, but London / Amsterdam / Switzerland have a decent amount :slight_smile:

How come noone is mentioning EPAM?

It’s the biggest company you never heard of :slight_smile: but very close to Google in terms of quality of software delivered, pushing people to develop themselves and having large and/or interesting projects.

(disclaimer and ad ON: I started working for EPAM last August - we’re always looking for good talent in Software Development and DevOps - ad OFF)

3 Likes

Wow how come I never heard of them… Thanks for the tip!

Do you happen to know if it is possible to work 100% remote / home office for them in the area of devops? Their job ads do not mention anything about that topic.

you definitely can (conditions permitting).
PM me if interested.

3 Likes

I didn’t work with them, but snapped their stock up in March 2020 as I kept an eye on them for a while - nice 200% gains to date. :slight_smile:
Keep on working well. :grin:

yeah the stock is crazy, gains every single week since last summer (when I started watching).