Best banking package for couples/household

I am using Revolut Joint account with Apple Pay and Google Wallet for us. But this is only for card spends, since everything else generally goes from our individual accounts

Are Revolut joint accounts already available in Switzerland? Cant find it in the app somehow.

oh yes. yes. Indeed 25k

I read the tradedirect website

Custody fees capped at CHF 100

Is that also your case?

1 Like

Iā€™ll tell you when I have enough assets to reach the cap. xD

I think I even made a videocall after the office hours. I donā€™t find their ebanking particularly but I think they improved it

1 Like

Hi all,

Did ZKB actually made their account free? I remember it being 1CHF/month but now it seems like it is free!

1 Like

Zuger, not ZKB :wink: Different canton, different bank, different shade of blue.

And I think it always used to be free from the start. Unlike ZKBā€™s offer at 12.00/year.

I may try opening it again, though I remember I couldnā€™t open it online last time (last year) for some reason. Also, if Iā€™m not mistaken, someone on the forum described their online banking somewhat negatively.

2 Likes

Moreover, ZGKB e-banking is from stone age.
The one from ZKB is top notch.

Price is not everything :slight_smile:

BCV is an excellent choice. After a certain asset threshold, you can have a free CHF checking and saving accounts + visa debit card and you can even open a EUR account for free (you can receive/send free SEPA payments!). Iā€™ve been with them 10+ years and so far been very satisfied (Iā€™m not a demanding client thoā€¦) Their TradeDirect platform is average at best and clearly nothing beats IB fees, but I keep a mid-sized investment amount in Swiss stocks with them for broker diversification.

5 Likes

For daily payments, how about using neon with apple pay on two devices? Its only in one name, but free of cost. Additionally its amazing abroad as well.

Do your TradeDirect assets count toward that?

Probably workable day-to-day. Would I want to be on the explaining end though, in case of a payment gone wrong or fraud? When and how your locations donā€™t match, for instance? Probably not.

I believe so, but not 100% sureā€¦ I did on ocassion have less cash in BCV than min thresholds while having sufficient TD balance. It all appears under one BCV login as well.

It counts, they take the total asset of the account on your name :slight_smile:

I was with them while living in Vaud, but their customer service was horrendous with lack ok knowledge especially regarding 3a pilar and investment product. Moreover, they clearly thought that I was a peasant (no offense on this beautiful ans hard worker) when Iā€™ve been there to ask some question, because I was wearing walk shoes and a K-Way (well it was raining outside). Ans they also screwed up to open a joint account for my girlfriend and Iā€¦

Itā€™s a bit sad because at the beginning they were OK (2020-2021) and then useless (end of 2021).

3 Likes

Donā€™t physically ever enter a bank. I prefer 100 times to ask in written form or maybe call so I get escalated to a person who knows what he/her is doing.

Sorry to bring this post up again.

For your information, you can ask Raiffeisen for an account card and link TWINT to this card (depending on the Raiffeisen bank, the account card is either free or costs 10.-).

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been using for the last few years, without any problems :wink:.

How about ZKB basic account?
It is a very reputed bank. It is free.
Debit card from ZKB is accepted everywhere and you can even use it with TWINT.

Yes you can. That is what we did. I just cancelled them after first year and asked to get their own card which is free and you can use to withdraw money at Raiffeisen if you need. You can also use it to show your membership. But I think you can also use the App for that

1 Like