ARK Invest - ARK Innovation ETF (ARKK)

Nope, I always take a long time before I make a decision. Shopping with me is a nightmare :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That’s probably all CRISPR Therapeutics, listed on Nasdaq but “home” is an office/letterbox at Aeschenvorstadt 36, 4051 Basel.

Had ARK on my radar, like the concept to spot the next potential technological disruption and put those into a ETF basket. Square sounds great, but the real potential is probably that Jack Dorsey (CEO Twitter) is also the CEO of Square. To invest 5-10% in such ETF and diverse your portfolio would make sense in my opinion.

It does not make much sense to analyse it from a P/E perspective as many of the companies are burning cash. P/Revenue can give a better sense, o valuation but ultimately it comes down to whether they can keep up with the growth or if the technology is successful.

But yes, agree it’s probably overvalued and there will be a big correction at some point. Missing the ride up, can mean that with a potential correction (in a few months?) you will end up where we are today! No one knows.

Big correction will likely come when interest rates start increasing. Right now future cashflows have such a little discount, that it kind of makes sense the valuations spiked for growth companies.

3 Likes

It looks they are going to launch an Space Race ETF (ARKX) - would you invest there?

1 Like

See this thread

1 Like

Guys,
Any of you invested finally in ARKK? I discovered this today and like the idea to include it in my portfolio. Anyone has study the fees and recommend it as a FIRE strategy? Maybe allocate 10% of my portfolio there.

Thanks

I have ARKK in my portfolio currently, just 5% at the moment. Will look into buying it more maybe next quarter.
I like the philosophy and all the research they publish.

I bought some ARKW in early 2020, more than happy with it. I might buy some more next quarter!

I also have some ARKW, about 5% of my portfolio. Also happy with it. :slight_smile:

I have a small position of ARKK. The fees are not mustachian but I still bought it. :man_shrugging:t2:

I have 20% of my stock portfolio in ARKK and it had similiar gains like my VT (mostly due to Tesla)

Following the thread above just curious about the fess of the ARKK ETF? Isn’t a bit too much at 0.75% plus progressively increasing…?

Also very roughly (approx.) how much “overlap” does ARKK ETF holdings have with the VT ETF?
Vanguard VCR (Vanguard Consumer Discretionary ETF) wouldn’t be another option (exposure to Tesla >10%) with very low fees to be considered about?

Something I can accept if it consistently outperforms VT.

2 Likes

Here is a discussion about ARKK manager Cathie Wood.
"The End of Value” with Cathie Wood and Rob Arnott:

https://community.rationalreminder.ca/t/the-end-of-value-with-cathie-wood-and-rob-arnott/3870/2

She just seems like a good salesmen, I don’t think I would trust here with my money. She just seems to have no idea about the theory of asset pricing.

A good quote:

“We’re in the only major business in the global macro economy where customers hate bargains.”
-Rob Arnott

Not invested in any ARK* funds. Although they are quite interesting I dislike the high TER. My portfolio tilt is more towards small cap and emerging markets and for that purpose I use Avantis funds which have a more reasonable TER of around 0.25-0.35 (see AVUV, AVDV and AVEM).

You might like to watch this video of Ramin where he compares the hype with the bicycle markets in th 19th century, an original comparison.

5 Likes

Hi, I see you can buy this on swissquote although it brings up the disclaimer about US ETFs - do I understand correctly that this is just to cover the broker for not pushing the product and that we are still allowed to buy it?

Looking interesting these past few months. :chart_with_downwards_trend:

ARK(K) and BRK seem to be almost 2 uncorrelated assets. :grin:

1 Like

So in retrospect was ARKK mostly FOMO driven? (I wonder if FOMO is the biggest risks to one’s portfolio).

8 Likes

ARK Innovation ETF’s Top Holdings, % Below High:

1. Tesla $TSLA: -30%
  2. Teladoc $TDOC: -54%
  3. Roku $ROKU: -38%
  4. Square $SQ: -23%
  5. Shopify $SHOP: -28%
  6. Zillow $Z: -47%
  7. Spotify $SPOT: -41%
  8. Zoom $ZM: -51%
  9. Twilio $TWLO: -36%
  10. Coinbase $COIN: -33%