Any Stockpickers out there?

I think it’s a mix of both effects (not buying as much and copying) but this type of sector is known to be cyclical so my gut feeling tells me buy on bad news:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/UHRN.SW/news/

Didn’t do any research regarding the price of 30 but it feels good to buy at such a low price which has last been seen around 15 years ago. Last time I bought it was at 48 so I want to even it out a bit.

Here’s the FASTgraphs for Swatch who those interested in it.

Fun fact: had you bought it at the beginning of 2004 for CHF 148.50 you would have garnered an annualized return (including dividends) of 2.84%.*

As already mentioned the company is cyclical but expected to grow earnings again in 2025 and 2026. The thing I like least about it is that analysts have revised down the expected earning from six months ago to three months ago and to their last / current estimate.

* Well, substract the taxes you would have paid on those dividends collected and your return is likely a little lower.

1 Like

Interesting, but we talka about UHRN. Does it make any difference? (I suppose not for the company, but yes for the dividends.)

They seem to trade alongside each other:

I suppose one has voting rights and the other does not.

Which is another thing I don’t like about the company: the Hayek family owns the one with voting rights and despite being an overall minority shareholder basically governs the company.

That exactly is a bright red flag. My gut feeling is that the Hayek family wants to see the shares tank, then will make a low-balled offer to buyout the company and take it private. They have a long history of despising the stock market and don’t even have an investor relations.

1 Like