Any experiences with lebijou Bond?

mine too, I started following them when they only had a handful of properties.
great company but I don’t see how the retail investor wouldn’t be the sucker at the end… even though it might just bring 14% return over years, for the risk… :slight_smile:

Hi everyone !

Sorry to answer to a 4 years old topic but I had the same doubts as yourselves but I finally managed to get through it, invested and just received my first payment. I think my feedback can be usefull :slight_smile:

The investment I was interested about was the “Le bijou corporate bond at 7.125%”

Nevertheless I pragmatically researched this firm wich is business authorised in switzerland (zefix and shab.ch)

All their placements options are firms on themselves not particularly related to moonshot (le bijou and amea are firms of their own that are also business authorized in switzerland).

You can also look their CEOs and teams on socials medias and news and most of them look competent enough to run such a business.

I then decided to get in touch with them and they were very professional answered all my questions and agreed to make me visit one of their appartements (you can also find them on airbnb or their website) st jacob strasse Zurich 2mins walking from Zurich HB (main train station)

I also asked from financial reports wich they transmitted to me where I could see they overperformed during covid in comparison to hostellery market. They then told me it was all thank to a flexible management that reacted quickly to rent the flats as conference rooms and managed to get the autorisations.

Finally, 3 months ago I buyed one bond out of curiosity to see how it goes, they give you the first payment 3 months later and I just received it. It is 7.125% yearly divided by 12 minus 35% anticipated tax (that you can get back filling a simple form).

So in theory I should got (for one bond worht 25k chf) : 148 chf - 35% tax = 96chf monthly.

For whatever reason I received 198 chf (maybe they are paying the 3 month “waiting time” with the first payments idk …)

So it is definitely legit.
And if payments keep steadily comming monthly I may buy a fuy more of theses bonds or try another deal with moonshot.

Still, it is risky since a corporate bond does not give you a much better protection than being a share holder. You just come first in the order of payback but if the company goes bankrupt your capital is at risk.

However, their strategy significantly lowers the risk. Each “antena” of lebijou as its own financials so the poor performances of some appartements will not impact the others and vice versa.

Feel free to message me for more info. I do not work for them this is my feedback as a customer.

Can you, really? This is interest payment that should be taxed as dividends - or please someone correct me if I’m wrong…

1 Like

So?

Whether it‘s interest or dividends (not the same in general, though may be irrelevant in this particular case), if 35% Swiss withholding tax is withheld are withheld at source, you can (as a Swiss tax resident) easily get that back filing your tax return?

3 Likes

Well yes absolutely.

It’s called the “witholding income tax” is an anticipated tax. It’s at 35% purposely to incite people to report their income, if they don’t well the tax is witheld at 35% which is much higher than swiss income taxes … I thing it’s 20% in Neuchâtel at worst …
It’s witheld at source and financial service providers must comply else …

For more info you can follow this link https://www.ch.ch/fr/impots-et-finances/types-d-impots/impot-anticipe/#comment-obtenir-le-remboursement-de-limpot-anticipe- >(french but language switch is at top right :wink: )

OK thx - somehow I was under the impression that only half of it can be reclaimed… :question:

Amea had a 9.125% bond the other day, that was exceptional, but alas, the 100k minimum slot is a bit too harsh for some of us.

Well … half of it it is …

Because you reclaim all the anticipated tax but then you have to pay your regular taxes … so it’s around half of it if you are a Romand :wink:

Yup 9.125% is nice but also the amea project is riskier as the lebijou one. If I was to invest in amea I’d rather take the stocks instead of the bonds considering the risk.

Lebijou is running and making monney and amea is not built yet …