Hoi Zäme !
First of all, thanks for _MP for creating this Swiss forum.
Here is my story:
I am French expat working in Zürich as an IT Engineer.
I had a kid this year and found out that time is the most precious thing I hold.
This led me to the conclusion that I can:
- neither wait till a government decides when I am allowed to retire
- or be at the mercy of a single employer for my income.
So earlier this year, I started binge reading:
- Financial Independence/Retire Early Blogs & Books
- Personal Finance/Investments books
I am now exploring information about Tax & more advanced investments topics.
I plan to live in France on the Atlantic coast once I reach Financial Independence
which is planned to be in 5-15 years based on my current savings (45% saving rate)
for a planned passive income of 1500-3000 EUR per month.
Numbers are not engraved and I keep tuning them as I learn more in this field
I’m planning for my Kid as well with the goal that he can live on passive income when he turns 30/40years old if he wants to.
Once living off the passive income, I’d like to develop my knowledge/skills on everything I’ve left aside:
- Learn to build/repair homes, gardening, wood management and other profession
- Learn to play multiple musical instruments
- Practice sports daily (Surf, Triathlon, whatever keeps me healthy)
- Enjoy more time with family and friends
Looking forward to exchange ideas on how to get there with 100% success rate and the least effort :-).