Annual leave policy in Switzerland

Hi folks,

Like the title says, maybe this will help when someone is considering a new employment offer.

If you wish to contribute with certain details about how many days off your employer offers, what sector does the company activates in, size - number of employees etc.

I’ll start
I should technically be 9 hours a day in the office ( 1 hours is lunch break) , 5 days a week.
I have 35 days per year not counting bank holidays ( very pleasant surprise, having had 26 days back in Ireland)
Company sector is FMCG
Company size is about 150k employees worldwide

30 days of holidays, 10 days in addition for Christmas. Yes, this is very nice. I work in an international organization.

• 8 hours of mandatory presence each day ( or remote working) - additional hours can be accumulated and recovered as holiday ( no expiration)
  • 28 days per year + ~3 extra days as bank closing
  • Banking sector
  • Minimum of 8 work hours a day, extra hours cannot be taken back
  • 25 PTO Days per year and all Fribourg holidays (about 10/year)
  • IT
  • Minimum of 8 work hours a day,
  • extra hours cannot be taken back unless the extra after 10h a day (so smart from employer: you’re free for him between 8 and 10 and those hours are legion… Because they do not advice you to work more than 10 hours a day)
  • 25 PTO Days per year and all Geneva holidays (about 10/year)
  • Private banking
  • Min of 40 hours per week, max of 50 hours. Any hours above 50 (only on Sundays) are given as comp-off hours to be availed within 1 month, otherwise they lapse with no compensation.

• 22 PTO Days per year and all Basel holidays (about 10/year)

• 1 day paternity leave (extremely generous)

• IT

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: i feel you, man!

• Min. 8.80 work hours / day (44 h/week)
  • 25 days/year + TI holidays
  • Civil engineering

My previous employer:

• IT
  • 40 hours average work per week, flexible
  • when accumulated enough overtime, I could even not come one day, like extra holiday
  • 25 days of paid holiday per year

Currently:

• unspecified number of hours, but I average out 40-45 per week
  • unspecified days of holidays, I take ca. 30
  • I receive a budget ceiling that I cannot exceed and I just report the hours
  • 25 days of paid holiday + 10 public holidays + 4 extra days
  • 8h30 daily
  • Financial sector

It’s an interesting indicator, but it would also depend on the compensation.
Maybe more holiday implies a lower salary. Also, in some companies, you have the official weekly hours and what is done really by employees.

• IT
  • 40h / week flexible, overtime paid only if agreed ahead of time with a manager
  • 25 vacation days / year
By reading and partipating to this forum, you confirm you have read and agree with the disclaimer presented on http://www.mustachianpost.com/
En lisant et participant à ce forum, vous confirmez avoir lu et être d'accord avec l'avis de dégagement de responsabilité présenté sur http://www.mustachianpost.com/fr/