Alpian - New Private Banking Fintech in Switzerland

@jay @Patirou Thanks both! I see. That’s a good point. If it is 1% annually, then it is not that attractive anymore, although it is not too bad either! On the homepage, I see that the interests are “credited monthly”. I guess this is confusing, as this didn’t say if it is monthly or yearly interest.

Not really, interest rates are basically always quoted on an annualized basis. :person_shrugging:

credited monthly

= paid out monthly

1% per month would be insane

Thanks all. And apologies for the confusion caused by my naivete :smiley:

BTW, just for those who did not know. Monthly (or quarterly) payment means mandatory “Verrechnungssteuer” of 35% (which will be credited back at the end).

3 Likes

It seems that Alpian is now offering free 12-month trials (see bottom of article : Alpian: Switzerland’s First Digital Private Bank - moneyland.ch).

Either they’re confident about their solution, or they’re trying to attract people because the solution isn’t profitable…
Will the curious take the plunge and test the solution?

Are you still with Alpian?

Interesting to see that they waived their fees - based on the net wealth you have with them.

50k net wealth (cash and/or invested) results in a free bank account with four currencies and a physical and virtual Visa debit.

Fee structure from FX and transactions is pretty fair, tbh and compared to other banks. So, in my eyes, it is a real alternative if you want to change your bank relationship.

I personally would probably not use the Visa debit; for FX I use neon and for CHF transaction Cornercard Plat (yes, I need and want these card linked insurances).

0.75% as management fee is not good, but also not terrible. With the traditional WM banks you get in the same range, with additional businesses (e.g. mortgage, lombard etc) then 0.4-0.5% in management fees.

I would be interested in knowing more about the investments, anyone has more infos?

EDIT: just saw, that Interactive Brokers is the Depotbank. So, I can see how they make their money, with a high spread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I am still with them. And until now, I am rather pleased. I had several personal contacts with members of their team (not only online), questions I raised were answered in a detailed way. This is for me a major reason of sticking with them. Obviously, I wouldn’t put all my eggs in the same basket, but I am adding step by step (every month) money in my “Managed by Alpian” portfolio.Then, at some point, I will stop and see how it develops. I agree that it might be cheaper to manage investments by myself, as I have attempted to do it in part for two years, but I do not claim any expertise in investments and I am interested in having people taking care of it. About once a month, for customers having a “Managed by Alpian” account, a good analysis is provided about the evolution of the markets and about the choices made by Alpian.

4 Likes

Oups, potential bad news for Alpian (article in French). Alpian CEO leaves the ship :

To work for the public administration in the USA. Not sure if this leave is a bad news, we will see it in the future.

A bit strange to cite personal growth and feeling at home in Rhode Island as the reason to leave. Leaving long before the profit zone is reached will not result in a great payout as he most likely will be asked to sell his shares. Maybe the underlying message is that not every founder is also a good CEO?

3 Likes

It’s not that strange though, for personal reasons some people might want to live in particular area (e.g. to be close to family).

(And I doubt a swiss fintech startup would like to have a remote US CEO)

Hello Mustachian Post Members,

This is Dino from Alpian.

Regarding our interest rates in CHF: We are pleased to inform you that we waive all fees for the first 6 months for the account. Our interest rate is structured as follows:

• 1% for amounts from 0 to CHF 50’000.
  • For any amount above 50’000 to CHF 1 million, the interest rate is 1.5%. Do note, if you have CHF 50.1k, only the 0.1k is subject to the 1.5% rate, not the entire amount.

The interest is paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Additionally, your amount is not locked, providing flexibility in your finances.

We provide insurance coverage up to CHF 100’000.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions!

5 Likes

If I see it correctly, you currently only offer accounts for individuals. Are there any plans to offer corporate accounts in the future as well?

Hi,

Thank you very much for your interest, however we do not offer corporate accounts at the moment.
I invite you to subscribe to our newsletter (at the bottom of our website) on alpian.com to receive the latest news and releases concerning Alpian.

I wish you a great weekend!

Best regards,

Dino

What about joint account?

I’ve been waiting for this solution and already ask this question via E-Mail but without any answer unfortunately. It could be interesting :thinking:

I’m about to start a alpian account. Does somebody have a referral code? I would prefer a personal one than the generic ones that are out there or the ones from the known blogs. Feel free to DM me

Has anyone closed the account already, just wondering how easy that is to do, I dont see an option to do this from the app

I participated in an account opening race. Then I never funded the account and never used the card they sent. Not sure about my account status. Probably doesn’t matter, as it has zero balance.