2nd pillar choices

You are totally right about that, I actually have an offer from the BVG for this option a) and the Risikoprämie goes up from 2k/year for my current situation (at 60k insured salary) to 3k/year for 120k of insured salary. Comparing relatively for my current situation the Risikoprämie is 23% of the total yearly BVG costs which employer/employee share. With the option a) offer of 120k insured the Risikoprämie is relatively slightly lower at 18% but yes in terms of real numbers it is higher.

Good point! I remember reading another thread here on this forum where some people have been posting the % contributions of their BVG contract with their employer and I remember someone who had over 25% but maybe I can’t remember well or this was a mistake. I can’t find that thread anymore…

For reference, the 25% maximum is from BVV 2 Art. 1 Abs. 2b. There may be exceptions I’m not aware of.

Thanks for the reference. As you say maybe there are exceptions in specific cases (high salaries, etc). If by chance I find that forum post again I’ll cross-link it here.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say exceptions, it’s just a more detailed interpretation of the law who allows higher contributions.

1. Those rules have to be fulfilled according to the calculation model “Gemäss Berechnungsmodell”.
  2. the 25% rule has to be fullfilled for the total of the AHV-salary of all employees from the same employer “25 Prozent aller versicherbaren AHV-pflichtigen Löhne”

So if you model states there are lets say 50% of the AHV-salary for employees younger than 45 and 50% for employees oder than 45, you can have the following contributions.
25-44 → 15%
45-65 → 35%

But you cannot state any desired model in order to go up to 50% contributions. The maximum I have seen is something in the range of 35%, mostly for the employees older than 55.

Well that would be if you intend to still be working at age 55+. Too bad the good pension fund contributions are not meant for the FIRE people who will hopefully retire before that age :wink: