wiLLBe banking app

Same, I have money there as well.
Would like to go with the special offer from TKB, but I don’t want to have boundaries in case I need cash.

thanks @Dr.PI for moving my messages here. I wasn’t aware of this thread.

I had opened the account and made a small deposit. All went ok and now I topped up for real. Even their rates over 50K are much higher than the ones at UBS for the ones with reasonable withdrawal limits (1.25% vs 0.75%).

is it really monthly? From their FAQ is says it’s every quarter. Maybe it was just the timing? Not sure if anyone can confirm this, just out of curiosity.

Lastly I still need to check but it seems like they have a really good exchange rate which can come up useful as well. I haven’t run the numbers but I guess it’s not as good as the one on IBKR, but it seems to be “legal”. But I don’t really know how to do this. Where did you guys create a second account in another currency (let’s say EUR)? And then is it possible to transfer from a wiLLBe CHF account to a wiLLBe EUR/USD account?

Does anyone have the numbers for a comparison between lets say wiLLBe, IBKR and Revolut for a given amount (like 100k CHF). If not then when I have time I will do it myself and share here.

Edit: I found the button on the bottom right to create a new cash account. Once the EUR one appears I will experiment.

You are welcome!

But of course! I have created it yesterday.

The contract pdf at signature (hard to find later, and I dont trust FAQs) states the same: “Interest is charged quarterly at the end of each quarter. Interest is credited to the capital as a deposit” Chapter 2 Interest Payments.

Opening a second account - yes, it was not immediate for me too. Took a few hours or overnight (?) for the EUR account to show up in app. Transfers of 100k not a problem, worked fine and quick.

Edit: I did EUR transfer from wifes UBS EUR savings account, no FX conversion

From which bank did you transfer the EUR? I guess from Revolut is not possible since it would not be on my name

Replying also to CHF short term deposits - #84 by Ploopkop

I deposited in CHF and I’m keeping the money in CHF even if the interest rate is lower (there’s a reason for that). If and when the deal materializes on my side I will then exchange it to EUR probably within the wiLLBe app as it has better rates than revolut it seems especially for large sums.

I haven’t tried withdrawing it but I don’t see why you’d lose the earned interest thus far. They deposit that in your account every quarter apparently but there is also a counter saying how much have you accumulated thus far.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Eur account at Revolut is on customer’s name. But still many financial services refuse to accept/send money to/from it.

I guess the onboarding has to be done by app, considering needed pictures.
But can I uninstall the app afterward and do the rest via website?
I don’t like apps for banking.

The banking app is your 2FA software, as well.
The web login will ask for your confirmation on the phone.

Take a look here (scroll down) wiLLBe: Experiences with the investment app for sustainable investing - FINANZDEPOT

I see, thank you. I also evaluated the investing part, but that seems to be expensive and unattractive (I do not want any ESG, and you have no control about the funds used).

Is anyone else having problems with the Signup? After I enter the email confirmation code the app just goes to a white screen… even after a restart.

Edit: Turns out the app doesn’t work if you have some adblocker installed.

Is it possible to load the WillBe account via Revolut/Wise?
I’d like to setup some EUR savings, and would prefer to avoid the back-n-forth forex conversions.

To me it seems Wise should work, as I got an IBAN “in my name”, right?

Should work (unless they’re purposely restricting transfers from non-bank PSP accounts).

Just to confirm if of use to others -
Transfer via Wise to wiLLBe worked without issues (and fast at that, within 24 hours).

That could only be said by those used to swiss transfers, as in the rest of Europe most transfers are instantaneous now :slight_smile:

Swiss domestic transfers often only take minutes (less than an hour) for me.
Where SEPA transfers take multiple hours up to next (banking - so not over the weekend) day. SEPA Instant transfers are an exception of course - but often charged and/or restricted by, for example, most German banks.

Does WillBe inform Swiss tax authorities automatically about the account since they are located in Lichtenstein?

Yes, since 01.01.2018.

How are withholding taxes (“Verrechnungssteuer”) on interest handled? Are the fully reclaimable as for Swiss accounts?