What's your strategy for buying used items in CH?

That forum is so toxic though… I never had a pleasant discussion there :smiley: I didn’t realize they had a buy/sell section.

It’s mostly for worthless items which you don’t really want to throw away. You can list them on there, and if someone eventually wants them, you’re both happy.

I recommend Kleinanzeigen und Gratis Inserate - I’ve bought and sold a lot of things there.

2 Likes

Thanks, never heard of it before but they have quite a lot of ads and it’s not tutti/Ricardo (which are owned by the same company)

I use Ricardo, Anibis and Tutti and have been very happy with Ricardo and Anibis even if the fee Ricardo takes from a seller is exorbitant. I haven’t used FB Marketplace as I prefer remaining anonymous.

Funnily enough I have found that SwissRomand users set much higher prices than the SwissGerman part of the country. On Ricardo I have bought some 150 items over several years and have only had a few problems which were all with sellers in the Geneva region.

Like mentioned earlier I use fixed searches for items I am really interested in and then wait until the last minute to bid. I recognise this would not have been possible when I was working as it becomes time consumptive.

As an example I have replace and quality upgraded my cooker, oven, fridge, kitchen counter, dining chairs, bed frame, lamps, loudspeakers etc. Basically all came from the Zurich region but even adding car or delivery costs it was well worth it .

1 Like

Ublock Origin – never ads again in the browser :wink:

3 Likes

@thepoorswiss has written a blog entry about the topic:

3 Likes