VWRA for Swiss Private Investor

Hi all,

I’d like to invest in VWRA (Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (USD) Accumulating) in a Degiro custody account (yet to be opened). I have, however, a question about the possibility to buy this fund for a Swiss investor (honestly, it’s probably just a detail but I’m curious).

When using the ETF screener on justetf.com as a “Swiss Private Investor”, VWRA does not show up in the list (only its distributive counterpart). It does show up when login as a French|German Private Investor, or as a Swiss Institutional Investor. Why is that ?

From its page, the fund appears to be ESTV Reporting, and can be found on ICTax… yet, I was wondering if it not showing in the justetf screener should be a concern ? I’d like to keep tax returns as simple as possible :wink:

It’s not listed on a Swiss Exchange and/or in CHF. Maybe, just maybe (though in this case I doubt it) there’s some legalese preventing them from actively distributing in Switzerland.

Practical ramifications? None (you just convert the currency if needed).

1 Like

Why accumulating and not distributing?

Why not, if you want to hold long-term (and reinvest dividends)?

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Being classified as a professional trader

Hi qojenniffa and welcome

VWRA is available with DEGIRO only on the London Stock Exchange, and not in the base selection.
So you cannot buy it once amount without transaction costs.
These are higher I think compared with what you would pay on dividend costs if you would buy VWRL in Amsterdam.

Thanks for your reply. The ideas behind buying VWRA instead of VWRL were :

• It’s even more lazy since there is no dividend re-investing to do (yes, I’m that lazy)
  • My plan was to put it in a DEGIRO custody account, which, if I understood correctly, leads to a 1€ fee + 3% of the dividend for every distribution… For a long term investment, this would be quite costly, even compared to the transaction costs (which remain fairly low on degiro).

Of course, I could open a basic account and buy VWRL, but I like the idea of my securities not being loaned… feels like removing a layer of risk (even if infinitesimal).

For the tax implications that are discussed here, I feel that I have a bit more reading to do before being able to contribute to the discussion :wink: