VIAC and WIRBank

Hi all
This story was published today on Moneyland (a great website in my opinion) and I do not see WIR Bank.
Swiss Bank Ratings from S&P, Moody’s and Fitch - moneyland.ch

I read the chains, that technically the VIAC assets are held by Terzo/Credit Suisse.

But I still dont like how difficult it is to get information about this bank.

I love VIAC, its service, its interface etc, but im going to hedge my bets next year and use another company to build a second pot.
Just my opinion of course :slight_smile:

I only see 12 of the 24 cantonal banks in the list…

2 Likes

I don’t see how the creditworthyness of WIR Bank could be a risk to my 3a. What is the scenario you are hedging against?

1 Like

I guess WIR bank going bankrupt.
On the one hand it seems its not important which bank is behind a Pillar 3 as your assets are ringfenced.
On the other it seems important to have a strong bank as the support for your pension savings.
Like I say, just my preference. If I could find out more about the bank i would feel more comfortable.
I dont think its the worse idea to spread a lifetimes pillar 3 over a couple of companies anyway.

Hello,

it doesn´t look like WIR Bank has problems…

1 Like

To be clear, I understand that as SwissTony’s answer to the question what to “hedge” against and why. Not a prediction or that WIR bank will actually go bankrupt anytime soon.

I am not particular concerned about that. I’m 3% cash - the question (or concern) is rather if they actually invest in and are holding the investment funds they claim to do.

Isn’t this ensured by revisions and the FINMA?

“Depotwerte sind keine Einlagen.”

WIR share price is still going up since more than a year. Maybe because of good results and good perspectives. They joined the Unterirdisches digitales Logistiksystem | Cargo sous terrain (cst.ch)) project as major shareholders and participate to VIAC and Vermando.
Their dividend paiement is stable (CHF 10.25) and, as allready mentionned the dividends are income-tax free.

I think its fine to split the risk, even if you like the company. Having more then one broker for example seems to be accepted on this forum as a good idea.

Im just naturally suspicious person I guess when I cant find some information easily.

Like any website that makes it hard to find their Contact page etc :slight_smile:

Anyway, the Pillar 3 I have with VIAC stays, and then next year maybe I split the risk. Only the risk of the provider I know, im still head deep in the shares etc, and thats fine by me

Happy Friday people.

2 Likes

Spreading your risks in terms of provider is always a good idea. There are great alternatives in the Swiss market. See:

Remember: your cash in a 3a account is never treated like your securities. You are insured only up to 100’000.

Well, like the other banks as well. Though WIR Bank is trailing the Swiss Banking Index!

1 Like