Finpension (2nd/3rd pillar investing)

isn’t released as of yet. I moved my money to WIR bank to stash it there as I’ve been without a job for the past few months.

You can move the funds over to VIAC once the 2nd pillar feature is deployed.

1 Like

In most cases it’s disadvantageous to actively do this within the first 6 months after the termination of pension fund membership (becoming unemployed).

WIR’s Freizügigkeitskonto has an interest rate of 0.1%, whereas the effective interest rate provided by the former pension fund will in most cases be higher (due to the minimum interest rate set by the LOB/BVG/LPP for mandatory benefits. This does not apply to vested benefits accounts).

You are right. I did it 7 months after contract termination.

I’ve quit & been unemployed or between jobs a few times, sometimes for more than 6 months. I didn’t know that about the 6 months, because HR always emphasise “tell us where to transfer your pf” in the last weeks of a job.
So after your notice period runs out & you become unemployed, you could leave the funds in the old pension fund? You ignore their letters/calls to tell them where to transfer it (new employer of Freizügigkeitskonto)? And after 6 months of this, they transfer it where to, if you still don’t give them an account?

To the BVG Auffangstiftung. It’s like a collection of all the pension funds that couldn’t be transferred within 6 months after you leave your last employer.

3 Likes

Just got an update that the FZK solution will be postponed to May 2020. A couple of important appointments were cancelled due to the current situation.

Based on today’s iOS app update, it looks like we’re getting a bit closer:

2 Likes

No update yet for Android.

Indeed the VIAC iOS app has been renamed to VIAC 3a on the App Store, and the title screen no shows the 3a :grinning:

No for Android too. I think we are getting the FZK solution this month, finally :smiley:

If you start a new job, are you obligated to move your vested benefits/pillar 2 to the institution fund of your employer, or do you have the option to go with VIAC (whenever they get around to finally releasing their pillar 2 product)?

You are obligated, but how are they going to force you anyway? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wow thanks, didn’t know about them!

But I’m not in a rush. Would be great to have everything in one place.

Why would you think/assume that?

VIAC will be launch next week.
The offer of Valuepension is really good. I had some questions. I will post the answer here, especially about FX

1 Like

I just asked, Tuesday next week! Yay! :smiley:

And he said that should be enough time to transfer it internally from WIR FZK zu Viac for investing it on June 1st.

1 Like

If the offer of Viac BVG is the same as VIAC 3a, I think that valuepension.ch is better:

• No foreign currency limit (you can invest 99% in MSCI World)
  • Lower minimum cash balance: 1% for Valuepension, 3 % for VIAC
  • CHF funds for Credit Suisse funds, so no FX cost (or really low); In some cases, funds/ETF can be in foreign currency, the FX cost would only be 5bps.
  • Factor funds (volatility, quality)
  • Lower cost 0.49% for Valuepension vs 0.51% for Viac
  • Select at which % of deviation to rebalance

One point to be aware with valuepension, if you transfer out the money to an other foundation the first year (and only the first year), you need to pay 400.-

A 3a solution is planned for the end of the year

4 Likes

Dude it looks very interesting! They are even planing to do a 3rd pillar solution! I agree with all your points.

Damn, don’t know what to do now. Viac BVG will be close to identical to Viac 3a.

Ask Viac why they are better than Valuepension.
At this point, i would go with Valuepension.

2 Likes

Only downside is that they are very new. Finpension AG was founded in 2016. VIAC is working with Wir Bank, they are almost 90 years old. So more trusting? My questions for VIAC:

1. Why can’t I go to 99% stocks?
  2. Why can’t I chose freely how much I want to invest in a single indexfund? Why can’t I just be 3% in CH, 86% in MSCI World ex CH and 10% in MSCI EM?
  3. Why do I have to invest 40% in CHF?
  4. Why can’t set my own rebalancing bands or turn off rebalancing totally?
  5. Why don’t they invest in CHF funds to save FX fees?

These are a lot of things that Valuepension does better!

1 Like