Travel abroad during covid

Just keep in mind that if you stay in France, legally you would need to quarantine. Otherwise it’s only permitted to enter for transit reasons.

Fortunately, not:

Arrivals from within the European space

If you are arriving from a country within the European space, you can enter France. You must comply with health regulations to enter France (PCR test and sworn declaration). You are not required to self-isolate.

The countries which comprise the European space are all the European Union Member States, as well as Andorra, the Holy See, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino and Switzerland.

From : https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

1 Like

I can also confirm that there is absolutely no one checking at the Swiss/ French land borders. I’ve done this several times in the past few months, including during the Easter holidays, when France re-entered another nation-wide lockdown.

Just make sure that you do have the negative test result, and be prepared to explain why you are crossing the border in case they do check.

Easter weekend was officially not enforced anyway.

Sorry, I mixed things up. A 5-day quarantine is required in Italy, not in France. France however, excluding 3 neighbouring regions, is on the quarantine list when coming BACK to Switzerland. So if you stayed in any of the blue regions, you would theoretically need to self-quarantine: