Transaction time

Just in case :wink::

Or, if that doesn’t help: Let your legal insurance do its work :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, that has been my observation too. I’d love to dig further into that.

It’s not like comparing two (single?) dimensional dicks thus you need to agree on parameters to compare. But in general after soviet union collapse Baltic states and Poland started from clean slate, thus could adopt newest technology and processes at that date which is less limiting factor to some extent, also being small helps. But that’s at the core which typically is not visible to people.
I can tell you that contactless cards and instant payments in UK were much earlier than in any of those countries. I would guess it’s due to cost/benefit factor and general population adoption speed of tech.
Have friend from Lithuania who installs internet infrastructure in a big league and he hates any business trip to Germany where he needs to deal with few decades olds stuff while he gets to play with newest in his home country. Does is impact end users much? A touch on possible offerings I guess, but everyone gets to scroll Instagram.
At the same time SEPA payments were rolled out across whole Europe fairly swiftly irrespective of banking maturity and existing differences.
So it all comes down to some specific factors and applications.
CH is always leading innovation index, but I still got fined in Zurich tram when I forgot my monthly despite I could tell number by heart and conductor could see my details with photo on his device.
So I find who has better what irrelevant.

2 Likes

Talking about one- (or in this case actually two-) dimensional comparisons, Estonia has a higher area than Switzerland, but much less population. I would not dare to discuss another country you have mentioned being small due to the risk of ban-nishment from this forum.

@Yanikuza Their government backbone and info on it can be found on X-tee iseteenindus. Good introductions can be found here Introduction of X-tee | RIA and it predates Bitcoin by eight years. :wink:

@johndoe1 I’ve seen the progress since a semester abroad in Tartu 2012 - they were advanced then and have only continued to leapfrog further. Nothing beats the ease of filing tax reports on a smartphone while having a Guinness :laughing: on Raekoja plats.

@Dr.PI it’s also easier if you have a population open to the new wonders of the information age, that doesn’t shoot down every e-voting initiative at the ballot.

As to the topic of transaction time. In CHF you might want to use “Einzelbuchung” vs “Sammelbuchung”, that should speed things up especially if done in the morning… or not.

Still not nearly comparable to SEPA instant transfers completed near instantly.

2 Likes