TCO Normal Car vs Tesla > Analysis

Interesting TCO comparisons, thanks for sharing. Some questions:

• I can see the Model Y is the second cheaper to own. Have you gone with that one in the end?

• Have you also compared different financing options and which one have you gone for?

• I read somewhere that the government would cut the incentive on EV cars and will start charging the road tax as a normal car. Anyone knows anything?

Quick question to everyone:

In the Cash and Loan financing options, I take into account the car Depreciation as the car belongs to me. But in the Lease option, I do not. Is this reasoning correct to you?

What I really want to buy is a BMW electric but financially none of it makes sense yet :slight_smile:

We are driving <10k a year so not in a rush to swap. My ICE car will keep me served for quite a while.

Depreciation: in a leasing setup you only pay the depreciation really, so unless you want to buy the car out in the end, I wouldn’t calculate that in.

Got it :smile: - I guess the more KMs you drive the more an EV makes sense.

Still, I consider purchasing it at the end of the lease period at its residual value. The residual value would then take into account all the depreciation and that is why I should not consider it in my leasing cashflow analysis (considered in Cash and Loan options though). It would be like deferring the depreciation cost till the end of the lease.

What would the benefit be?