Tax declaration

Either you have transaction advices or ask the company/organization you donated to for a tax certification.
If you hand out 1000s of Franks to people on the street, you might simply not be able to deduct it due to no evidence presented.

sorry I meant for the management cost of investment account (so the 3%o argument)

from the (annual) investment account statement where they list the charged fees?

I’m taxed at source. However I’m interested in filing a tax declaration mostly to get 3a money back. Now, I have lived in BS until January but currently living in ZH. I assume the tax declaration has to be filed with the ZH canton, even if refers to 2020 during which I lived in BS, is that correct?

Tax declaration should be submitted to the tax office where you have been registered as of 31 December of the year the return refers to.

1 Like

Here is my contribution for people who want to filed their Tax declaration in the Canton of Vaud with VaudTax20 :slight_smile: (I used a fake investment, though I will love to have that yet).

If you have VWRL:

• First step: go to ICTax - Income & Capital Taxes (admin.ch) and filed how many position you have before each period of dividend like in the pictures. The website will calculate how much dividends you earned during 2020.

• Then in VaudTax20, go to Etat des titres > Selection > Fonds de placement and click on “Ajouter” then filed the information you need about VWRL

• Then filed how many trade you did with VWRL, here there is 4 trades each before the distribution of the dividend.

• At the end it will look like this:

• Obviously, you can claim the fees about your investment, just take the “forfaitaire”

If you have VT:

• First step: go to ICTax - Income & Capital Taxes (admin.ch) and filed how many position you have before each period of dividend like in the pictures. The website will calculate how much dividends you earned during 2020.

• Then in VaudTax20, go to Etat des titres > Selection > Formulaire complĂ©mentaire R-US 164 et DA-1 > Imputation forfaitaire d’impĂŽt (DA-1) > Actions and click on “Ajouter” then filed the information you need about VT.

• Then filed how many trade you did with VT, here there is 4 trades each before the distribution of the dividend.

• Then filed the “Valeur fiscale” on the 31st December 2020 and the distribution you receive. You will find this information on ICTax - Income & Capital Taxes (admin.ch). Moreover, you have to select in which country there is the withowlding tax, here USA and you put 15% (as with IB you already filed the W8-BEN so you only need to claim 15%).

• At the end it will look like this:

• Obviously, you can claim the fees about your investment, just take the “forfaitaire”

• And here is what will be deducted from your tax, aka the WHT part.

Hope it could help, and please correct me if I missed something as I didn’t need to filed this for 2020, but will do it for 2021 :slight_smile:

PS: You can have more detail on the blog of @_MP :wink:

5 Likes

I believe it is very similar in Geneva with GeTax.
I’ve bookmarked your thread for my own use next year as I will need to fill it as well.

In Geneva Getax you can attach a summary from your broker and enter it as one line

2 Likes

Any summary? Or does it have to be in the official “relevĂ© fiscal” form?

I’ve attached Dec 31 account summaries from TD Ameritrade and Interactive brokers along with us 1042 summary of dividends and withholding tax for the purposes of DA-1 and never had any questions so far. I do a little summary in excel with FX conversion and attach it

3 Likes

We talking about BS right?
I understand it like this - only proven costs can be deducted, to a max. of 3 Promille.
This is a strict & rare rule, other cantons are more generous, allowing Pauschal 2 or 3 Promille.
“GrundsĂ€tzlich sind lediglich die effektiv angefallenen und nachgewiesenen Verwal-
tungskosten abziehbar. Nicht nur hat die steuerpflichtige Person die Existenz und Höhe
der angefallenen Vermögenskosten nachzuweisen, sondern auch deren Eigenschaft
als abzugsfĂ€hige Verwaltungskosten”

2 Likes

I send already my tax declaration via VaudTax Declaration 2020, but i forgot to attach my 3a deductions and my VWRL report from Degiro(i didn’t send any documents) .Is it a problem? can i send it now?or is better to wait if they will ask for that documents? thank you

I would contact the tax office and discuss with them directly. the missing VWRL report might be no problem, but the 3a deduction will likely not be accepted without the documentation. I have seen a case, where the tax official has denied the 3a deduction without prior inquiry. If you then fail to object within 30 days, the assessment becomes binding

2 Likes

When i have sent my tax Declaration ,i wasn’t enable to attach the documents as you can see in this pic.Do you know why? Does it happened to someone?

I can’t remember but sometimes I send it on a different title and they will see it anyway.

On the e-Demarche website for the Geneva tax reclamation, you can only attached pdf files. Could it be a problem with your file format ?

I was not enable to attach nothing (no pdf, no image,etc), and if you read 0 documents are mandatory.
I tried calling them several times but they never answer, so i sent already a email, waiting for the answer.

Hi guys,

This is this time of the year again so I will revive this topic.

I started to fill my taxes declaration with the Geneva software (GeTax).
I have few questions as it is the first time I have to do the full tax declaration with the new 2021 rules.

In the Shares and Bank account section, I have detailled only the shares/ETF I have on IBKR especially to reclaim the withholding tax (DA-1).
I have entered the other bank accounts and brokers in the Other Revenue and Wealth section as 1 line for the dividends converted in chf and the same for the amount in the various bank accounts.

Do you think it is a too lazy approach and I should detail all lines instead ? I got easily 30 lines with various buy/sell activity during the year.

Hi everyone.

Starting to do my tax return quite late (the true portuguese spirit!).
I live in Geneva and wondering if the GeTax software is now our best option to fill it in?

I’m still on B permit - revenue less than 120k in 2021 and in fair honesty I just have the max 3rd pillar contributions to fill in --» and because of this, if I’m correct, I need to fill in that TOU.

I’m feeling that my tax return is quite straight forward but trying not to mess it up

Appreciate any hints from people living in GE.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi,

With in your case, it will be super easy to fill the GeTax. I did it for the first time this year and request it the TOU because I need to do it. More than 120k and more than 3k in other revenue.
You should fill it and simulate the outcome as it may not be interesting in your case.
In my case, even with 3rd pillar and 2nd pillar buyback, I will need to contribute an extra 3000 due to fortune tax and other revenue.

1 Like