Swiss Life Hacks #2

Depending on your needs you may get cheaper childcare with hiring a nanny that looks after your child at your home.

https://www.parlament.ch/de/ratsbetrieb/suche-curia-vista/geschaeft?AffairId=20193702

Also known as “Motion Ettlin”

However, the Federal Dept. of Home Affairs / EDI is sitting on it. I’ve asked one of the younger FDP MoPs about it earlier this year.

So don’t hold your breath…

The Federal Council and Parliament have already examined and rejected opening up Pillar 3a to non-employed people several times, for example as part of the Nabholz parliamentary initiative96,412, “Opening pillar 3a for non-working groups of people”, and the Markwalder motion11.3983, “Opening Pillar 3a for non-employed people”.

I doubt it will happen.

1 Like

This was the argumentation of the federal council, who proposed to reject the motion. Despite it the motion was accepted by both chambers. So something will go on.

You could move at another area in your town where chances to get a spot at a public daycare will increase. It could cost between 1500-2500 chf/month so you save a little.
You could subcribe your chlid to a private school as some of them start at 3y.o. The monthly subscription will cost 500-800 chf by month so cheaper than private daycare for the last year.

I won’t recommend trying to hire a nanny that has no work permit nor pay someone in cash to save social charges. Risk are too high for hem to not call Emergency or Police in case of an issue with the kid.

1 Like

I heard Tagesmutter can be a cheaper option.

It depends, most Tagesmutterverein now apply the same model as the KITA and get subsizied by the canton as well.

work from home and look after kids at the same time. or change job/self-employment that allows you to do that.

That doesn’t work at all for me, either my work or my daughter will not get the necessary attention.

6 Likes

Public consultation on the project is scheduled to occur between November 2023 to March 2024 : Fedlex
Everybody is free to take part and state their opinion :slight_smile:

Yes, as long as it is quite standard molecules, they have an equivalent in France.