Stock picking and paid newsletters?

Not these services but I had another one (Fat Prophets).

My experience was they boasted about the winners but when they had a bad pick they stopped talking about it altogether and never gave any advice about how to exit the position.

I also asked them how their portfolio performed vs. the market but they never answered.

No idea if these other services are different but perhaps ask yourself, if they know how to beat the market why don’t they open an investment fund?

I follow 2 recommendation services from the SeekingAlpha marketplace (not the same as SeekingAlpha premium).

• Potential multibaggers
  • Beating the market

They maintain a list of 20-30 company names and provide subscribers with research and updates every week, not only “buy signals”. Their portfolios are mostly growth stocks and thus, very volatile by nature, especially at the moment of writing.

I didn’t think it through. Offer withdrawn

If you are considering a Motley fool subscription, buying their ETFs could also be an option.

Thank you for the link! I only knew their large cap ETF, TMFC, which, after mixing and mashing, looks too much like S&P 500.

I only recently learned that those existed. Might consider those in the future as well, if they are different enough and go in the right direction. At the moment I think I have enough growth stocks in my portfolio…

It is saying something at least that the Motley Fool is not only recommending some stocks, but also creating ETFs out of them (and they invest their own money as well, in premium services).

None of these but I use SimplyWallSt.com and I’m happy with them. Gives you enough quick context to dig deeper if you want to do a more thorough DD before buying.

Although it’s fully automated and they rely on the consensus of all the analysts covering a certain stock, so no “expert advice” here.

Anyone can recommend any paid newsletter for ideas in Poland, Turkey and Mexico?

On mobile so can’t check, but I’m surprised that they wouldn’t publish benchmarks. If they’re as good as they say at stock picking, why wouldn’t they compare their portfolio to VT or national indices? They wouldn’t give any advice away for free but it would be a fairly solid proof whether their advice is worth more than the paper it’s written on.

I’m following the newsletter of The Falcon Method since 2018, and they are focusing on high quality, long term focused ecomomic value added (EVA) monster companies, and picking undervaluated dividend champions (it was more in focus in the past). I like their approach of building a portfolio steadily with these companies on a longer run, instead of recommending every month the best top10 picks for growing, and doing huge marketing around the newsletter.

They are definitely want to filter out the noise and influence of the news related to the markets, and don’t want to follow hypes, or new trends of bigger crowds.

I can highly recommend their extra services, just like alerts, or the access to some EVA-based data.

They built up a super valuable Hungarian community (Intelligent Investors Club), with a lot of learning materials, unfortunately this is only in Hungarian. I learned a lot from The Falcon Method during the last 4 years, and will definitely follow them to learn lot more.

can u please share the link to the Hungarian materials? :slight_smile:

Edit: OK gotcha https://intelligensbefektetok.hu/

Hi everyone

If you’re interested in shorting opportunities, Stock Advisor is the best there is…
Just short their buy recommendations, and you’re gonna be rich.

1 Like