Starting my minimalism attempt

Then don‘t buy it. Also in todays times it‘s difficult to chose what you want to buy with an abundance of choice. I‘m currently halfway through a book on this topic. The paradox of choice by Barry Schwartz

Don’t worry, I don’t buy anymore, I don’t find it fun anymore

At the moment she is taking care of the children, myself (in a way) and home. She is doing a lot, almost all the cooking, most cleaning, grocery shopping, entertaining and educating the kids when I’m working but I also help as much as I can i.e. to bring forth and back the kid to school most of the time (only one so far, 2 starting this summer), tidy up the house, maintaining everything electronics/multimedia up and running, the bikes, installing new stuff she bought, fixing stuffs when needed, doing all the administrative and now finance and budget. On top I’m working 100% in a quite demanding job with responsibilities but it’s still not as demanding as tacking care of a family 24:7:365. I admire and I’m grateful for everything she does for us and she is in return for what I’m doing. We don’t have (much) conflict about that.

1 Like

Both working 100%. But at the end I believe that it will not make a difference if she works or not.
I believe on "A person needs to feels good to be good "

Feels is not really a tangible thing, but I consider it as her hobby.

I know that I would be able to achieve a better savings rate, but after my second kid I’ve realized that i will never reach 100% FIRE, so my goal is to become as much as I could FI and be able to reduce my 100% work load.over the time to allow me to focus on different life project.

1 Like

Why‘s that, anything to do with regret?

„ Both types of regret—anticipated and postdecision—will raise the emotional stakes of decisions. Anticipated regret will make decisions harder to make, and postdecision regret will make them harder to enjoy.“

We started a 75 days challenge with my wife, we have many objectives. One of mine is to get rid of at least 75 objects during the next 75 days. I started with clothes, removed about 10 pieces not counting worn down underwear from the back of the drawer, next will be some electronics. Let’s see if I can make it, its not so easy as I already did a good clean up 2 years ago and I try to do it regularly when I see something I don’t need anymore but I’m sure I’ll find a lot more to remove.

1 Like

Let us know the outcome. I will move in a few months and the idea is to reduce our things by half.