Staking Crypto - Best platform [2023]

So, to your opinion the best course of action at this point would be just to get out 3.5k and that’s it, correct?

Just to realise 11.5k losses -but to potentially save- 3.5k?

I guess to say just that would be sufficient

I am not using Spotify (in any case I thought that I was never at this membership level to claim that so far, plus no eligibility for their card) so for me it’s only the staking counted

Well, that is a typical story of a private investor: invest in a hype, got disappointed when the bubble bursts and sell with a loss. If you are not ready to hold to your investments through the downturns, you better don’t start. Now rethink your strategy knowing that the seed for future harvest is planted in bear markets (thanks @Wolverine for analogy).

2 Likes

I sold CRO (actually moved to BTC) and holding DFI and CHSB.

2 Likes

I am perfectly ready to hold on the downside that’s actually what I am currently asking advice for…

For me the options to hold and wait or to go out and invest in BTC are exactly 50/50…

The above was a reply to a specific comment

1 Like

If your rational decision says that Xk is the right amount of exposure to those assets, sure, but I don’t think that number should depend on past performance or actions (that’s what the sunken cost fallacy warns about).

The fact people are not actually considering all options (“what is the right investment independent on my current position?”) is a bit of a red flag. Someone rational should equally consider that 0 is the right amount, or 30k is (and in all likelihood, to get diversification, that number should be a percentage of wealth rather than an absolute number, if that’s an investment)

1 Like

No, what I’m saying is don’t let the past you decide for the present you. I had the impression that you put a large weight on the past. Ignore it and decide what should be your allocation, if you truly do that independently, it’s unlikely to be exactly 3.5k (because there’s really no reasoning for this specific number).

It could indeed be 0, or 100k, that’s your investment strategy :slight_smile:

It’s exactly the same stuff I’m seeing with people holding their RSU. It’s unlikely that their desired stock exposure is exactly what their employer gives them, maybe just figure out what the figure is and decide for yourself, don’t let someone or something else decide for you.

3 Likes

I’d add to @Dr.PI’s message that the future returns of stocks rely on the ability of the economy to generate profits, some of which get passed down to investors, which is what we reap.

Cryptos have different fundamentals. I would not be confident betting on them going up in the long run (not saying they won’t go up, just that I wouldn’t vouch for it). We still don’t know of a decent way to monetize them except by fees on trading and greater fool buying (which doesn’t spark my confidence).

IF (big if) you have the risk tolerance for it and IF you have faithfully analyzed your ability to fulfill margin requirements even in a downturn, I would be more confident on investing in a leveraged diversified portfolio of stocks (make that a diversified index ETF) on margin, which can give you these kinds of returns on a shorter term (with also amplified risks and extra costs) than on staying with cryptos.

To note that, assuming 7% per year compounding returns, stocks would indeed allow to reach x4 returns. It just takes a bit of time (here 21 years).

Edit: of course, you will also be the one who’ll have to live with potential regrets of missing out if cryptos do go to the moon and you have sold yours so, as many other things in investing, the truly important thing is that you are at peace with whatever decision you take.

1 Like

That’s an interesting point, that I totally understand but I find a little bit challenging to follow it up practically. Maybe a bit too advanced advice for me :sweat_smile:

For example, if I don’t consider the past now and I wouldn’t have done any investments in crypto at all, I would probably have taken a decision now to invest about 2k in crypto (1k in BTC, 1K in ADA - theoretically speaking of course).
But considering my current situation (past) I have taken also a decision not to invest anything else at crypto (apart from the amount that is already in, for this reason we have that specific amount 3.5k… so a decision biased on the past).

So practically speaking - If I am trying to translate your advice practically - what I am describing would mean that I should sell most of my current holdings and split them to BTC and ADA proportionally?

I am finding it difficult honestly speaking to split my decision from the past (not from the past performance, I don’t have any problem with holding - but from the past amount of assets I have decided to invest at a certain point in time - because let’s say simply I don’t have an always constant inflow and outflow throughout the years)

With RSU you mean for example company shares that you get from your employer with beneficial terms?

I believe I wouldn’t have the risk tolerance (and the knowledge…) to go on margin trading

to be at peace with whatever decision you take is the most important for me :+1:

For this reason exactly, and to avoid potential regrets of missing out, so far I was more in favor of staying as is and just holding.

I find also very interesting the sunk cost fallacy, the investor psychology in downturns and the potential alternatives or ideas for those reasons kicked-off those discussions…

1 Like

My reasoning against it:

• cro is a valueless shitcoin
  • multiX / Elrond is a valueless shitcoin
  • defichain is valueless shitcoin
  • doge, Shiba and almost all of your list except Link are valueless shitcoin and Binance is scam exchange.

Swisssborg is decent if you tolerate high fees but not sure about their token, I haven’t checked the tokenomics.

Well practically speaking (and acc. to this reasoning) 99% of crypto coins are valueless shitcoins… :joy::joy::joy:

I am not going to argue against that, however for me valueless shitcoin is a different discussion to profitable shitcoin… The same is somehow true in the stock market as well (undervalued stocks <> highly performing stocks)

….And how can it be that the biggest exchange in the world is a scam exchange?

I’d argue that all cryptocurrencies are valueless :upside_down_face:

Shitstorm incoming …

Trade against their clients, washtrading, insider trading, money laundering etc

1 Like

Any hard evidence to back up your words? A reliable source or a link to concrete information would be welcome.

Decent in what sense? I find it rather borderline to play the “Swiss Made” card when the HQ is located in Estonia. The principle is OK, the technology is good, on the other hand I’m not really convinced by their token (totally useless in my opinion), nor convinced by their CEO who overplays the sympathy card.

1 Like

Well yes and no. I think that as long as people believe in a coin it has value, same principle as Fiat money and to some extent even the stock market.

With regards to the selected coins with all my respect I would not touch either one of them with a long stick.

Binance being a scam? Well I also thought that FTX is very trustworthy so my radar clearly fails but if Binance burst all coins will lose 50-60% or even more. So I hold some of my coins there and hope that the size of it has some protection.

I agree on swisssborg, I just wanted to be polite

About Binance, check Reuters, the verge on Justin Sun, or what says the SEC.
Or you can talk to people in the industry.

1 Like

It seems not to be the case anymore. Moreover, since 2020 it is the swiss law and swiss jurisdiction that are competent in case you want to auction them.

Also, SBorg LTD, SwissBorg Invest LTD and SwissBorg Community LTD are located in Switzerland (www.zefix.ch).

I was also sceptic before when there HQ was in Estonia and the applicable law and jurisdiction were in Estonia.

I have some BTC, ETH there and I’ve invest 100 CHF in their thematics which work nicely to be honest (130 CHF).

Not convinced with their token, but maybe it will skyrocket like BNB :joy: ?

By the way Estonia is a start up hub and had the best crypto license in Europe first.

1 Like

Does the CSO of Binance knows what he’s talking about or do we need more evidence?

Lol they “only” launched in 2017…
I hope CZ ends up in jail, if a fine settles it you will know how much the world is corrupted.