Small celebration

Congratulations! Keep going, all the best

2 Likes

10 Likes

How’s it looking now? :scream::face_with_peeking_eye:

It’s all in the RED again, time for a different kind of drink :slight_smile:

You are surely still in profit range?

No no, I am actually losing money right now. Worst offenders are REITs.

Which kind of REITs do you own? (Residential or commercial and in which regions?)

I was looking recently at Deutsche Wohnen (DWNI.DE) and Vonovia (VNA.DE), both of which rent out residential properties. They’re both down ~65% from ATH since autumn 2021.

Since their main assets must be residential property, I was wondering how they can be down so much, without a corresponding fall in normal house/apartment prices?

(Maybe this should be a separate thread)

2 Likes

As one of my satellites I have Omega (OHI) a REIT specializing in healthcare sectors such as elderly home and hospitals. It’s currently one of my few stocks which is still green (the other ones which are still green are RIO and ZURN)

the financial situation does not look perfect and it’s certainly not risk free but so far so good and at IB you can re-invest the dividends automatically which is great as well

1 Like

I own IPRP and REET, covering Europe and USA. I am not sure how much of their properties are commercial vs residential. I guess the steep decline is linked to the raising of interest rates and perhaps they are a good buy right now, but I have decided to stop throwing money at them.