Shopping in France: VAT and Feu Vert

I’m trying to google if the shop Feu Vert gives the VAT back if I export what I’ve bought to Switzerland but I can’t find anything. That name might be easy to remember but very hard to google :smiley:

Anyway I wonder if anyone has bought anything there and got the VAT back.

Yes. I did it there for new tyres (not mounted on car, went to customs with new tyres in boot) ~10 years ago. I believe they no longer do it on tyres

Why not? I think it’s a general thing. Once they do it, the do it for everything above 150eur.

Special tax rules for vehicle parts, fuel and care products.

While I can‘t speak for France, Germany has this as well, and I assume it‘s EU rules.

3 Likes

I have no idea why, I only know that last year when I bought tyres there the shop had a sign saying it wasn’t possible. I didn’t enquire since I wasn’t interested in doing it anyway, the saving in my case would’ve been less than the value of the time required (learned my lesson when I did it 10 years ago)

I need to find a way to go there before the end of the month. They have a sale and I have no idea how to reach them :confused:

Sale on ebikes

@Barto
open question for you? Did you get you VAT back? How?

Purchase >10 years ago: yes. I put new tyres in the trunk (unused), drove to border, got customs stamp; took them back to Feu Vert in France to get them fitted on car

Purchase Within past 5 years: No. There was a Sign in shop saying detaxe is not possible on tyres [Edit: no idea if there is a law for this or just a policy of the shop, it was Feu Vert in Annemassse near Geneva]

"Some goods, due to their nature, are not eligible for VAT refunds.(…):
Means of transport for private use, together with their equipment and supplies (food, fuel, etc.)"

1 Like

They made a copy of my PF card and told me that they send me the money directly, but I didn’t see anything yet (2months++). I wonder if my french is too rusty or it’s slower than expected.

Did you post them the stamped form?

When I did get the vat back from feu vert 10 years ago, I had to take the stamped form back to the shop (20 mins from home) and get cash.

If shops use a detaxe agency like global blue this is not necessary, you just post the form

They told me that the amount will be sent in 6 weeks. I don’t see any other reason to get my bank account info.